Upload your business in space
As an RF (Radio Frequency) Engineer, you will have experience in systems level definition and management of RF systems from definition and design phase through to delivery and test, with a proven ability to manage risks and take pragmatic approaches to resolving technical issues.
This is an exciting role which will suit an enthusiastic, self-starting individual who is happy to take responsibility for a range of activities from technical studies, detailed design, development and test. They will be comfortable working with other technical specialists to deliver a wide range of projects to a variety of customers including institutional, academic and commercial organisations. The successful individual will enjoy working as part of a team, is willing to flex their priorities to support others where necessary and is comfortable with a fast-paced environment. It will require someone who takes pride in their work, and can present a professional face to clients, suppliers and partners.
The role requires experience in designing, developing, building and testing RF systems and a proven ability to manage risks and take pragmatic approaches to resolving technical issues.
The primary focus of the role is on development and requires expertise in the domain. Space experience is not required, as the team around you will provide all the necessary guidance and training regarding the space domain. You will be actively encouraged to maintain up to date knowledge in the technology domain and in space industry developments and are expected to pro-actively identify business/technology promotion opportunities.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting in derivation and management of technical requirements from mission and system down to subsystem and equipment or components including software and firmware
- Design and test activities including:
- Working within project teams to ensure the RF subsystems are planned and implemented efficiently
- Derivation of technical requirements & creation of test and verification plans
- Testing and measurement of RF signals and performance
- RF link design
- Implementation of development and test beds
- Setting specifications for procurement
- Supplier management and review of delivered documentation
- Design, development, prototyping, build and test of RF subsystems for use in communications and navigation applications
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Educated to at least degree -level or equivalent in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline with a demonstrable ability in application of RF and digital signal processing
- Proven ability to work well as a member of a team
- Experience in the following areas is required:
- Technical delivery of RF developments
- Some experience of implementing of firmware and software in the signal chain would be an advantage
- Some knowledge of navigation methods and implementation is an advantage
- Derivation and management of technical requirements for the development of RF systems and equipment
- Demonstrable ability in RF analysis and design
- Demonstrable ability in verification and testing of RF systems
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Good planning skills for development projects
- Confident working in project delivery
- Autonomous worker
- Positive and helpful attitude
- Supportive of developing other staff members
- Attention to detail
- Calm and professional approach to work
In-Space Missions Ltd is an innovative and exciting space company operating out of dedicated satellite manufacturing facilities in Alton, Hampshire, UK. Formed in 2015, In-Space has grown to become the leading UK owned space prime, offering the first payload rideshare service in Europe as well as dedicated spacecraft-design/build/operate capability to customers across large and small industry alike, government, space agencies and academia.
In-Space successfully launched Faraday Phoenix in July 2021, its first payload rideshare satellite on-orbit and has multiple more satellites in build due to launch during 2022 and 2023. In-Space has a fun and dedicated team who value hard work, a positive attitude and solution-focused thinking. We welcome applicants who will embrace their role and take responsibility for their work. Working in a small company needs flexibility which works both ways, ensuring that everyone has a good work-life balance.
In September 2021, In-Space was delighted to announce its acquisition by BAE Systems and the company continues to work as a separate legal entity and business unit with close links into its new parent.
In-Space has a close-knit and supportive team, with diversity and inclusion being a key to our success. This year we are looking to rapidly expand our team in order to deliver our growing order book whilst maintaining our small company ethos and agility, something which is at the heart of our culture. We welcome varying backgrounds, skills, perspectives and life experiences.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within In-Space Missions. Successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace