Upload your business in space
This is an exciting role which will suit an enthusiastic, self-starting individual who is happy to take responsibility for delivering a wide range of projects to a variety of customers including institutional, academic and commercial organisations. The successful individual will enjoy working as part of a team, is willing to flex their priorities to support others where necessary and is comfortable with a fast-paced environment. It will require someone who takes pride in their work, and can present a professional face to clients, suppliers and partners.
The role requires experience in delivering technical projects and someone who understands the decisions and trade-offs which must be made to ensure successful delivery. The right attitude is equally as important as background and experience
While the primary responsibilities of the role lie in Technical Project Management and bid management, the role may require some business change management, project management consulting and other reasonable responsibilities in-line with your capabilities and experience as required by the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Programmatic responsibility for the successful delivery of a variety of technical consultancy and space mission projects on behalf on In-Space Missions to include, but not limited to:
- Budgetary control and management;
- Schedule derivation, control and management;
- Risk and Issue capture and management;
- Project resource tracking and management;
- Assumption and Dependency management;
- Scope and requirement definition and management through project delivery.
- Co-ordination of appropriate technical oversight with the lead Systems Engineer, Director of Space Systems and CTO.
- Accurate and realistic project reporting to Clients, In-Space Leadership team, other key stakeholders.
- Ensure adherence of projects to appropriate technical standards and QA/PA regimes;
- Acting as primary point of contact for all programmatic project queries to the client and other key stakeholders;
- Resolution of programmatic issues with appropriate communication and buy-in from relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- Support to technical team in resolution of technical issues, ensuring appropriate communication and buy-in from relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- Supplier and sub-contractor management;
- Bid management and development of programmatic inputs for bids;
- Interfacing with the spacecraft production team and other technical teams to co-ordinate and de-risk schedules.
- Interface with bid leads to provide delivery oversight and governance.
- Representing In-Space Missions at external events and conferences.
You will report directly into the COO and your work will be prioritised in discussion with them.
- Educated preferably to degree -level or equivalent in a STEM-based discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics). Note that sufficient, relevant experience can be considered an equivalent qualification.
- Proven ability to pick up new concepts quickly.
Experience in some of the following areas is required:
- Delivering across the full project lifecycle;
- Delivering projects involving complex systems, software and/or electronic hardware;
- Managing multi-disciplinary teams;
- Delivering to external clients;
- Reporting project progress to senior internal stakeholders;
- Understanding of key project metrics (quantitative (financial) and qualitative);
- Tracking project budgets and schedules;
- Defining, mitigating and managing project risks;
- Managing suppliers;
- Interpreting commercial agreements;
- Understanding of the key challenges involved in delivering space technology;
- Managing processes.
Experience and/or knowledge of the following is desirable:
- Delivery of space technology and/or space mission studies;
- Waterfall, Agile and Service delivery techniques;
- Working knowledge of spacecraft systems and subsystems;
- Knowledge of Space Standards (i.e. ECSS);
- Knowledge of UK Space Industry;
- Developing and delivering bids.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project);
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal;
- Confident working with engineering teams.
- Autonomous worker;
- Positive and helpful attitude;
- Attention to detail;
- Calm and professional approach to work.
In-Space Missions Ltd is an innovative and exciting space company operating out of dedicated satellite manufacturing facilities in Alton, Hampshire, UK. Formed in 2015, In-Space has grown to become the leading UK owned space prime, offering the first payload rideshare service in Europe as well as dedicated spacecraft-design/build/operate capability to customers across large and small industry alike, government, space agencies and academia.
In-Space successfully launched Faraday Phoenix in July 2021, its first payload rideshare satellite on-orbit and has multiple more satellites in build due to launch during 2022 and 2023. In-Space has a fun and dedicated team who value hard work, a positive attitude and solution-focused thinking. We welcome applicants who will embrace their role and take responsibility for their work. Working in a small company needs flexibility which works both ways, ensuring that everyone has a good work-life balance.
In September 2021, In-Space was delighted to announce its acquisition by BAE Systems and the company continues to work as a separate legal entity and business unit with close links into its new parent.
In-Space has a close-knit and supportive team, with diversity and inclusion being a key to our success. This year we are looking to rapidly expand our team in order to deliver our growing order book whilst maintaining our small company ethos and agility, something which is at the heart of our culture. We welcome varying backgrounds, skills, perspectives and life experiences.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace