As an Industrial Electrician at Rocket Lab you will be responsible for the execution of electrical installation and maintenance work, and instrument and controls upgrades at the Rocket Lab’s test facilities.
- The Auckland Test Cell for the Rutherford and Curie testing
- The Stack Test Site for the stage stack testing (1hr drive from Auckland)
These test sites are critical to the propulsion operations within the company. On a daily basis rocket engines, subcomponents and full Electron stages are put through their tests by a highly skilled team. The facilities and the instruments and controls team need to ensure efficient and reliable operation of the test facility so that the Rocket components can be put through their paces before launch to space.
We are looking for a technically driven individual who wants to be part of changing the way the world accesses space, this opportunity gives the successful individual the chance to make a true contribution to the work Rocket Lab is undertaking.
- 5+ years’ experience in an industrial electrical role
- Applied knowledge of process control systems
- Full NZ Electrical License (EWRB)
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of I/O sensors, VSD motor, and PLC’s
- Capable of working unsupervised
- A hands-on attitude, strong problem solving skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Electrical/Mechatronics/Automation Engineering degree
- Experience working with Solidworks-Electrical or other Electrical CAD packages
- Experience with Ethernet troubleshooting and Maintenance/Install of IP based equipment
- Instrumentation trade qualification
- Good fault finding and troubleshooting on PLC Controlled machinery
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality.