Blue Origin is empowered by a vision where millions of people are living and working in space. To achieve our vision, we are developing reusable rocket engines and launch vehicles that will dramatically lower the cost of access to space. Driven by our motto, Gradatim Ferociter or “step by step, ferociously,” our incremental approach builds upon each success as we develop ground-breaking spaceflight systems. We don’t just build rockets—we build a culture around methodical innovation and exploration.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop an integrated manufacturing system leveraging state of the art manufacturing processes to design and manufacture advanced space propulsion systems. Partnering with manufacturing and facilities, you’ll own this process which captures the manufacturing and facility needs leverages Lean techniques and creates meaningful information for high-efficiency invention, evolution, and stable execution of advanced manufacturing processes. Interfacing with facility automation engineers, process engineers, design and analysis engineers, machine and process operators, enterprise tool developers, and equipment and material vendors, you’ll identify requirements and opportunities for data, tools, equipment and workflow automation. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Manage Manufacturing-related Projects
- Production Support- Production Scheduling, Theory of Constraints, Budgets and Forecasts, Crew Empowerment, Defect Analysis and Bench-marking Analysis, Core Competency Definition, Make/Buy Evaluations, and Cost/Price Evaluations.
- Process Improvement- Lean Manufacturing, Engineering Economic Analysis, Process Mapping, Root Cause Analysis, Statistical Methods, Six Sigma, Time Studies, Waste Reduction, and Work Sampling
- Operations improvement- Ergonomic and Human Factors, Operations Plans, Recovery planning, Capacity planning, Capital planning
- Integrated Systems- Value Stream Analysis, Facility Layouts, Production Systems Design, Manufacturing Process Design, Systems Thinking, Facilities Planning, and Requirements
- BS in Operations Research, Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- Up to 3 years of experience working directly with manufacturing in a production environment
- Strong analytic skill set and a high degree of proficiency in data mining
- Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Strong teaming skills
- Experience with manufacturing organizations and/or supply chain
- Hands-on experience with materials and manufacturing processes
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.