Space in Africa produces authoritative business and market analysis reports for the African Space and Satellite Industry segments.
Space in Africa is looking to hire analysts to expand the team’s coverage of the African space industry. In this role, the successful candidates will help drive understanding of key market trends, policies and programs in the African space industry. Analysts at Space in Africa engage with industry leaders, conduct market analysis, write industry reports and news articles.
- Evaluate business opportunities in the industry
- Carry out market research and feasibility studies
- Lead projects, publications and industry reports.
- Support studies focusing on both government and commercial segments of the African Space and Satellite Industry.
- Write analytical articles
- Interview industry executives and government officials.
- Participate in international and local space industry events and webinars.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with industry leaders, clients and policymakers.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in journalism, market research or consulting.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, an advanced degree is a plus.
- Expertise in interviewing industry leaders and analysing desk sources such as government budget documents and company reports.
- 3+ years of relevant experience supporting research and development or related activities
- Demonstrated attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and quantitative skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of space and satellite industry is a huge advantage
- African Citizenship (Required)
- This position is fully remote.
- Industry-standard salary.
- We work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.
- You will be making an impact early and regularly contributing to shaping the future of the African space and satellite industry.
- Potential bonus and equity for excellent impact.
- Travel and training bursaries, as needed.