Build a World of Connections
At Infobip we dream big. We value creativity, persistence, and innovation, passionately believing that it is through teamwork that we can all reach greater heights. Since 2006, we have been innovating at the edge of technological possibilities and are now shaping global communications of the future. Through 60+ offices on six continents, the Infobip platform is used by almost 70% of the population, making it the largest network of its kind and the only full-stack cloud communication platform (CPaaS) globally. Join us on our mission to create life-changing interactions between humans and online services with new and unseen solutions. Join our development forces in deploying the code that powers the performance of the Infobip platform.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
Being a part of Infobip Engineering Powerhouse means working on an in-house developed product and delivering solutions on a global level. As a Software Engineer in Sarajevo, you will be dedicated to your microservices and deal with challenges of large architecture that is scalable, balanced, send over 400 million messages daily, and helps our clients to grow their business. It’s an opportunity to work on our Real-Time Communication requirement area, where we enable instant interactions for our clients, whether that’s audio communication using our Voice platform, or video communication across our WebRTC platform.
What will you do at Infobip?
- Develop, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot your team services.
- Have full ownership of the code you produce.
- Write well-designed, testable, and scalable code in accordance with clean code principles.
- Have a general overview and understanding of the interactions and dependencies in the entire system.
- Grow towards full-stack development and for us, this means working primarily on backend development but also expanding your knowledge on frontend development, system design, and alerting and monitoring tools.
- Have a chance to try different technologies besides Java and React, such as VoIP-related Kamailio, Asterisk, Janus, or any other technology that would help us solve a specific challenge.
- Work within an agile framework (Scrum, LESS) in close collaboration with Product Management.
- Participate with your team in agile practices such as sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Expand and improve your knowledge and be a part of the engineering community.
- Mid or senior professional looking for a high growth challenge.
- Good knowledge and understanding of object-oriented principles.
- Good knowledge and understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working with concurrent and multi-tier applications.
- Recognizing the value of code-review and experience with code testing (unit, integration).
- Good understanding of RESTful services.
Nice to have qualifications:
- Experience with Java, Spring, and Spring Boot development.
- Familiar with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Git, Maven, Canary, or similar .
- Understanding of databases and data management tools like MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, or others.
- Worked with collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Slack.
- Ready to adopt, implement or propose new technologies.
- Experience in technologies such as Kotlin, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, or others.
Why do our employees choose us (and stay)?
- Cutting-edge technology & processes – We make sure that our tech stack is updated to the latest versions, if we are talking Java, we’re talking up to Java 15. To us, continuous delivery and integration aren’t just buzzwords – all our teams combined deploy something new every 4 minutes for our global in-house product.
- Educational budget – Decide with your team how to spend it, is it on conferences, online courses, or certifications.
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting from the Orientation and Engineering Week and your personalized onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev Days conference, Hackathons, and conferences, we really invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, travel allowance, rewards, and holiday bonuses, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organized activities, the company library, organized sports, kitchen stocked with the usual suspects…