Making ground segments simple
A cloud-based ground station platform offering ground station owners an opportunity to monetize their surplus capacity, and enabling satellite operators to communicate with their satellites from a varied range of antennas around the world, all through one common interface.
Senior Software Engineer
Infostellar Software Engineers are a crucial part of our competitive niche. Challenged with developing a software platform aiming to revolutionize the ground-services segment of the Space industry, this role brings together unique problems and the inherent excitement of working in the space industry.
Here at Infostellar, our software engineers are challenged with:
- Developing a ground station-sharing platform that virtualizes ground station networks by connecting different types of ground stations all over the world.
- Creating fast and scalable backend systems on a global infrastructure to serve users all over the world.
- Building an intuitive and flexible ground station service management console UI (pass scheduling, SLA monitoring, billing dashboard).
- Minimizing the user’s efforts to integrate with the platform to accelerate the network expansion.
- Ensuring the platform secure and reliable by developing technical solutions and new tools to help mitigate security and reliability vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
If you’re driven by interesting, challenging problems that require sound software engineering solutions, and have always dreamt of working in the space industry, then do reach out. We’re building something special, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain complex systems and/or components
- Improve and iterate using the agile process
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of products and services
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Development experience on Unix / Linux
- Software development experience with Java and Go
- Experience with at least one of the major cloud services: AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience with Kubernetes on AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience writing gRPC microservices interconnected with Protocol Buffers
- Experience working with two or more of the following: web application development, distributed and parallel systems, edge computing, developing large software systems, and/or security software development
- Experience working with two or more general-purpose programming languages, and interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Experience leading development and operation of large-scale service with dozens of users or more
- Experience creating an edge computing platform allowing users to run custom, untrusted software on a shared compute node
- Team software development, team leadership, or management experience
- SCRUM project management methodology, Behaviour driven development
- Our microservices are written using Java (v.16+) built on Armeria and gRPC
- Please have a look at our open-source repositories
- We do infrastructure management using Terraform and orchestrate our containers using Kubernetes
- All of our services are in Google Cloud
- We use Gradle to automate our builds
- Source code management (SCM) is Git + GitHub
- We usually develop on Linux / Mac OS using IntelliJ or Visual Studio Code
- Our microservices are containerized and run on GKE
- The StarPass (edge server placed at the ground station) core components are written in Golang
- StarPass uses Docker for running applications