Infostellar is a satellite Ground Segment as a Service Provider
Infostellar connects satellite operators to their spacecraft and constellations through a global network of ground stations. The number of launches and satellites on-orbit is increasing exponentially. There is a need to make more satellite ground stations available quickly and easily, rather than the traditional methods of developing interfaces to each individual ground station and expending significant resources to test, validate, operate, and maintain the system.
Our StellarStation platform revolutionizes the ground-services segment of the space industry by enabling satellite operators to access a diverse and ever-increasing network of antenna sites through a single cloud based API interface.This allows operators to add ground stations to support their missions in a simple and predictable and scalable manner. Our goal is to provide an outstanding customer experience when integrating and using our services.
The company has completed its Series B financing round and now plans to scale the business globally. To accomplish this expansion, we are seeking the right candidate to focus on GSaaS (Ground Station as a Service). This person will be in charge of GSaaS business development and simultaneously be responsible for developing the US market.
The GSaaS Salesperson will report directly to the CEO who is based in Japan. The ideal candidate will be someone who is fully-engaged in the space industry (particularly the US and Europe) and have experience with global sales of services that are hosted on cloud-based platforms.
It is expected that the primary effort will be to actively pursue and close business opportunities for Infostellar.
- Follow the company’s existing processes and activities related to sales pipeline development, sales processes to ensure effective sales efforts, sales strategies in each of the company’s active sales regions, and revenue forecasting and generation.
- Maintain and cultivate a growing pipeline of GSaaS business opportunities that result in revenue growth commensurate with company targets
- Lead and grow the company’s sales by actively closing contracts
- Work cross functionally across the company to grow the commercial GSaaS business
- Work closely with the CEO and global business leadership on company strategy, partnership development, ecosystem development, business planning and plan execution.
- BS or MS degree in Aerospace, Business Administration or equivalent practical space industry experience
- Experience in the space industry in engineering or business development
- Some experience in delivery to sales targets and closing new business is preferred
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Proven track record of delivering to sales targets and closing new business
- Experience selling space services to commercial space clients or selling SaaS
- Personal experience in closing multi-year business opportunities of greater than $1M USD
- Business understanding, including supporting other areas such as development of forecasts and budgets, ongoing operational expenses, and capital investments.
- Leading and managing a large sales opportunities from initial contact to closing a contract
- English is the official language of Infostellar. Japanese or other language skills would be a plus.
Preferred US locations: Washington DC, Colorado, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, or San Francisco Other locations will be considered for the right candidate
Position is employed by Infostellar, Inc US subsidiary, Infostellar U.S., Inc.