We have all your satellite communication needs covered
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat’s Government business unit delivers against the requirements for voice, data and video services with demand for global availability and utmost reliability. Whether a military commander on operations, a government official responding to a local emergency or a head of state conducting international affairs, Inmarsat provides them with essential access to voice and broadband data, where and when they need it.
Primary role purpose:
This is a 12-month fixed term contract role based in Sydney.
The Demand Manager will engage with sales teams, commercial teams, engineering teams, and service delivery teams to:
- Support the engineering and service delivery teams to align activities with the priorities of the sales and commercial teams.
- Engage with the commercial, engineering and delivery teams to support new product developments.
- Track and report activities, priorities and demand forecasts to G2 Management.
- Design and implement an improved framework for demand and capacity management in G2.
- Phase out manual management reporting and tracking.
- Scheduling, coordinating and documenting of prioritisation alignment sessions.
- Providing regular G2 management updates and escalating complex demand issues.
- Developing and implementing demand forecast practices, tools, and reports.
- Supporting engineering and delivery teams to develop and provide regular resource forecasts.
- Supporting the development and roll out of a demand management dashboard.
- Auditing the current demand and capacity management practices and tools.
- Designing a framework for demand and capacity management utilising the current G2 toolset.
- Implementing a framework for demand and capacity management.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Managing without authority.
- Resource allocation and the management of demand planning.
- Working in cross-functional teams spread across multiple time-zones.
- Excellent organisational/project management skills with the ability to multi-task,
- Experience of large-scale resource planning involving multiple staff, skillsets and locations.
- Experience of implementing resource planning tools and techniques.
- Project planning, forecasting, reporting and communication skills.
- ITIL Incident/Change/Problem Management.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises.
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences.
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do.