We have all your satellite communication needs covered
Rawson Street 255, Sydney, Australia
Level: Strategic Bids
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat plc is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat’s Government business unit delivers against the requirements for voice, data and video services with demand for global availability and utmost reliability. Whether a military commander on operations, a government official responding to a local emergency or a head of state conducting international affairs, Inmarsat provides them with essential access to voice and broadband data, where and when they need it.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead and manage a Defence Software development project, ensuring assigned project work is delivered on time and to a high quality standards. You will execute a wide range of tasks including managing stakeholders, producing regular reports, coordinating resources and tracking progress and performance and any other tasks required to get the project done. You will report to the Senior Director Commercial Delivery to ensure that contractual deliverables are met, delivered on time and to specification.
- Be responsible for producing and managing delivery plans and associated budgets.
- Produce regular reports showing resource allocation & utilization, project budgets (actual v forecast), project status and risks.
- Be responsible for customer focused status reporting, ensuring that, as far as practicable, customers are fully informed on delivery progress.
- Work with business managers and Directors to negotiate the desired business outcomes.
- Need to manage suppliers and contractors where necessary to ensure delivery is on time and to specification.
- Execute any project related activities as required by the Project/ Program Manager and the Senior Director.
- Oversee project documentation.
- Manage stakeholder engagement
- Have strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Conduct problem solving analysis to resolve project related issues
- Manage suppliers and contractors where necessary to ensure delivery is on time and to specification
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Be responsible for line managing a Project Officer
- Adhere to the WHS responsibilities and policies of Inmarsat as per the organisation’s Safety Management System
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Proven experience delivering multi-million dollar software programs using agile methodologies.
- 5-10 years of relevant senior project/program management experience.
- Experience in a similar role working on Defence style programs
- Experience working within agile project management methodologies is essential. Agile certifications are highly regarded.
- Advanced computer skills are essential (MS Office Inc. Excel, Word, Project)
- Strong presentation and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to travel interstate.
- Must have experience of working on AUSDEFCON.
- Must hold and maintain Australian citizenship and ability to qualify for Australian Defence baseline clearance is essential.
- Must have a current Australian drivers’ license and passport.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- 10 + years of experience working with and delivering of services and projects to military/government customers with knowledge is highly regarded.
- Highly desirable is some experience delivering IT projects in a Defence environment preferably under an AUSDEFCON framework.
- ADF Security clearance
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviors which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organization.
Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heard of everything we do