A call home from the middle of the ocean, a lifeline when disaster strikes, a safely routed flight, a mission-critical ops report. Our world-leading satellite communication networks touch every aspect of life. Inmarsat has led the way in global mobile satellite communications for over 40 years. We solve the toughest connectivity challenges of our customers, anywhere in the world. Working with our global network of partners, we have all your satellite communication needs covered – today and far into the future.
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat’s Government business unit delivers against the requirements for voice, data and video services with demand for global availability and utmost reliability. Whether a military commander on operations, a government official responding to a local emergency or a head of state conducting international affairs, Inmarsat provides them with essential access to voice and broadband data, where and when they need it.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract role based in Sydney, with potential extension or transition to permanent role.
Primary Role Purpose:
The Solutions Architect (SA) is a professional engineering role within the Global Government (G2) engineering team responsible for the design and development of specific elements of the control and ground segments of future military & commercial satellite communications (SATCOM) platforms. They will act as high-level decision makers in the process, determining everything from design choices to technical standards, in response to internal and customer-driven requirements. These engineering activities support G2 engineering consultancy opportunities as well as commercial proposals, bids or tender responses for the Strategic Programmes arm of G2.
The SA is a self-sufficient and motivated engineering professional with extensive defence / SATCOM solutions design experience who is expected to oversee all requirements and dependencies of tasks allocated to them.
The SA is required to develop solutions to meet specific G2 customer requirements utilising either existing or newly developed hardware, product configurations and / or services, and must collaborate with functional teams outside of G2 as needed to bring the developed solution into operation.
The SA is required to develop written engineering content for inclusion into commercial and strategic RFI / RFT responses, proposals or quotations.
- Design and development of complex solutions architecture for G2 strategic programmes and bids
- Develop a suite of technical documentation including software requirements / technical specifications and design review material to support programme execution
- Work closely with the Solution Director and provide guidance and leadership to third party subcontractors.
- Working with Customer and Supplier technical representatives and creating optimum ways of working to maximise productivity and cost savings
- Lead / chair technical meetings and design reviews with Customer technical representatives
- Facilitating planning, tracking and scheduling development related deliverables.
- Locating and directing resolutions for critical issues related to hardware and software interface
- Assessing software and system issues to find solutions to them as per requirements
- Developing working relationships with software and systems engineers both within G2 and wider Inmarsat business units
- Implementing structured testing strategies commensurate with the planned technology readiness level of the final product
- Provision of training and technical presentations
Dimensions (Highlight key dimensions of the role – eg budgets for revenue, cost, people, # customers etc)
- Bid Team Size – 5-10 people
- Allocated Management Budget – up to $3M eventual contract value $250M+
- Primary Customers – Australian Defence Force
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Must hold and maintain Australian citizenship and have a suitable background to qualify and maintain an NV1 level clearance.
- Must have a current Australian drivers’ license and passport.
- Must hold a relevant engineering degree, or equivalent, with experience in satellite systems and/or communications engineering.
- At least 5 years Defence communications or SATCOM program experience in Australian or 5-Eyes programs
- Experience in IT, particularly as it applies to satellite communications and networking
- Must be proficient in the development of technical documentation, including operation and maintenance docs
- Must have experience leading on complex systems development projects in Defence sector.
- Must be familiar with security solutions for Government applications
- Must have experience with software security standards such as ISO27001
- Must be competent with use of Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Microsoft Visio
- Mandatory skills:
- Technical design and architecture of satellite control and ground segments
- Unit and Component testing
- Technical team leading
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in designing and developing against eTOM business process framework
- Knowledge and experience of military and commercial SATCOMs industry
- Desirable skills:
- Waterfall and Agile development practices
- Knowledge of communications networks, ideally satellite communications
- Communication security
- Network Operation Centre solutions (Business Support Systems, Operational Support Systems)
- Integration/system testing
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do.