Operates the world’s most reliable satellite and ground networks
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over thirty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 13 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat plc is a FTSE listed company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions from Satellite Operations to Customer Service and Service Delivery, Network Operations and Service Assurance to Group IT, One IT, Cyber Security and the Digital office.
Primary role purpose:
Inmarsat has adopted a cloud first approach to delivering its’ IT services and capabilities. As part of the new operating model, the need for Cloud engineer has been created. This role will operate within a DevOps environment and should be comfortable with Agile methodologies, ITIL framework, and possess solid experience with Linux.
The Cloud Engineer will ensure the reliability and scalability of global cloud infrastructure services running in multiple Cloud platforms and supporting applications and products, he/she will be also part of an existing cross-functional team.
- Maintain, monitor and support the entire Window, Linux and Unix infrastructures based on On-prem and public cloud including databases.
- First contact for technical escalation.
- Identify and resolve problems with the services and support the resolution of problems in dependent services.
- Report any potential security weakness, exposure or suspicious indications to the Security Operations team.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience as a Technical Support or WinOps/SysOps Engineer;
- Backup tools operations experience,
- Experience of Linux Infrastructure applications like Bind, Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Identity management system, Versioning Control.
- Experience working on VMware platforms.
- Understanding of storage technologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Scripting and coding using any of Python, Bash, and PowerShell.
- Team player attitude.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of Cloud Services, such as AWS, Google, etc.
- Experience using configuration tools like Ansible.
- You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do