We have all your satellite communication needs covered
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions from Satellite Operations to Customer Service and Service Delivery, Network Operations and Service Assurance to Group IT, One IT, Cyber Security and the Digital office.
A Project Manager can be tasked with new installation, upgrade and annual service projects on all communication platforms supported by Inmarsat. Primarily it will be to coordinate VSAT projects (FX). The Project Manager owns the projects from start to finish, as it runs thru The Pulse. The Pulse (SharePoint) is also, where all stakeholders works on each project. In short, the Project Manager will coordinate rollout plans with the customer, but also make sure the rest of the delivery chain can meet the expectations when it comes to production, logistics, service and support. Once a system is commissioned, the Project Manager makes sure all documentation is in place, and invoiced according to the signed Order Confirmation and Contract.
- Coordinate projects
- Operational responsibility for allocated projects and or Customers
- Develop and maintain documentation for projects
- Support development of and maintenance of routines for the Project Department
- Support for Sales Department on possible new projects
- Bachelor Degree in science or similar
- Courses related to project coordination and or management
- Relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education
- Microsoft Office (Especially XL, Word and Visio)
- General computer skills above average
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heard of everything we do