A call home from the middle of the ocean, a lifeline when disaster strikes, a safely routed flight, a mission-critical ops report. Our world-leading satellite communication networks touch every aspect of life. Inmarsat has led the way in global mobile satellite communications for over 40 years. We solve the toughest connectivity challenges of our customers, anywhere in the world. Working with our global network of partners, we have all your satellite communication needs covered – today and far into the future.
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 10 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security, Group IT and Real Estate & Facilities.
Primary role purpose:
Programme Manager working within Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) division providing Service Delivery expertise to the Aviation Business Unit within Inmarsat, and working with airline clients and internal teams to ensure structured, disciplined delivery according to industry standard project and programme protocols.
The Programme Manager will support projects across the MEASA region. However, initially, the role will support an Inmarsat customer based in Korea, so you will already be located in region or willing to work in region, with travel to other MEASA countries as required.
Reporting to the Head of Programme Delivery MEASA, your responsibilities will be:
- Supporting delivery of aircraft projects for GX, L-Band and EAN Services on behalf of the ABU, along with supporting other projects within COO as required
- Scoping and managing delivery of aviation related projects
- Managing integration and service delivery aspects of aircraft embodiment projects
- Leading technical project teams within a matrix managed environment
- Managing project interfaces with airline and OEMs
- Managing 3rd party service providers as required
- Develop and manage plans for project delivery
- Ensuring that all reporting is accurate and provided in a timely manner
- Financial control and budget management of assigned projects
- Ensure project management protocols are adhered to
- Ensure that all COO and ABU processes are followed
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Self-motivated and used to working at customer premises
- Experience within the Aviation or Telecommunications sector
- Available and willing to travel worldwide
- Willing to spend long spells in foreign countries in the execution of your duties
- Ability to work with 3rd party service providers to ensure that all services are delivered in accordance with the contract and Service Level Agreements/Key Performance Indicators
- Quick thinking and delivery focused with a meticulous attention to detail
- Accustomed to working in cross-functional teams spread across multiple time-zones
- Excellent organisational / project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Previous experience of managing aircraft avionics installation and embodiment projects
- Excellent change management and coordination skills
- Excellent Project planning, forecasting, reporting and communication skills
- Prior experience of managing tenders and OEMs
- Good understanding of software development and integration lifecycles
- Programme / Project Management qualification(s) (PRINCE 2/PMP)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft specifically Project and Excel
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to speak Korean desirable
- Prior experience of working in a consultancy environment
- Prior knowledge of the satellite communication industry
- Aviation STC process experience for either FAA or EASA or both
- Prior experience in using JIRA & Confluence
- Knowledge of satellite & cellular industry
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do