Enabling the Connected World
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over thirty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat plc is a FTSE listed company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations.
This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief People Office
Inmarsat’s Chief People Office (CPO) comprises a HR Business Partnering function who deliver people services with the support of the Centers of Excellence – Reward, Resourcing, HR Services & Systems, Organizational Effectiveness & Engagement & Communication. Our purpose is twofold; to drive business performance and enabling our people to be brilliant.
Primary role purpose:
The HR Advisor will manage and support a wide variety of HR issues, providing comprehensive support to the Regional HR Director across all aspects of HR, including employee relations and providing advice and support to managers and staff at all levels across the organization, as well as recruitment and overseas assignments.
- Provide support the Regional HR Director in managing all HR activities within APAC.
- Keeping up to date with countries’ employment laws in APAC (such as Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and China) and updating the team and relevant policies as necessary and remaining the go to person for employment law matters. Liaise with external lawyers when required.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment and internal transfer processes, in partnership with Resourcing Partners.
- Manage the end-to-end on-boarding and off-boarding processes. Provide specialist guidance and advice to managers as relevant on employment issues.
- Manage employees’ queries relating to benefits and health claims for Singapore and other APAC countries with support from HR Administrators.
- Provide coaching to managers as needed in a timely manner and facilitate discussions around the professional development of staff and building a high performance culture which reflects company values, focusing on talent management, employee development, retention and performance management.
- Deals with employment relation issues such as discipline, grievances, performance and capability, appeals, change and absence management in a timely, fair and pragmatic manner, whilst identifying and minimizing risk to the business and ensuring that Company and legal procedures are followed.
- Implement the rollout of global people and reward initiatives in APAC including corporate learning and development programs and initiatives.
- Provide ready advice and suggestions in a wide range of situations including, but not limited to: employee relations, recruitment, training and development, international assignments and reward.
- Working in partnership with our Centers of Excellence and specialist knowledge within the team.
- Support performance management and disciplinary process in APAC.
Contribute to the standardization of global employment terms and conditions, HR policies and practices.
- Support Regional HR Director in reaching out to schools and institutions for internship opportunities and education engagement programs.
- Support Regional HR Director in executing follow up actions and interventions based on employee survey findings.
- Provide cover and support to the HR Administrator.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- IHRP/CIPD qualified or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a HR generalist role with a good understanding of all HR functions including recruitment. Experience of supporting leaders and collaborating in an international and complex business, working across cultures and building and maintaining relationships virtually.
- A team player who is willing to challenge the status quo and be hands on.
- Professional, and absolutely discreet and trustworthy with confidential information.
- Resourceful and adept at problem solving, highly organized and willing to provide essential support to ensure optimal workflow within the team and across the business.
- Strong influencing and communication skills.
- A high energy level with a dynamic positive style.
- A high level of commitment and a willingness to adapt working hours to the demands of the regional workload.
You must be eligible to work in the location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviors which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organization.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heard of everything we do