Enabling the Connected World
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations.
This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat’s Aviation business unit is the leading provider of satellite communications solutions to airlines, operators and passengers worldwide, keeping people in touch at 35,000 feet in the sky. Inmarsat provides the ultimate inflight connectivity experience for the entire aircraft, from voice and safety communications in the cockpit to high-speed, reliable broadband in the cabin.
Primary role purpose:
- Promote and establish Inmarsat Commercial Aviation products and services as the premier Satellite Communication solution for airline operational and safety connectivity.
- Lead the Aircraft Operations and Safety strategic business development activity in region.
- Establish and build on strong senior level relationships with key stakeholders in the Commercial Aviation ecosystem, to include OEMs, VAMs Distribution Partners, ANSPs, Regulators and Software Application Providers.
- Directly & indirectly identify, target and drive revenue generation opportunities with the Inmarsat aviation ecosystem and key stakeholders involved in the provision of AOS related services.
- Provide market intelligence into the Commercial Aviation team and actively participate in future product/ service roadmaps.
- Leverage new and existing relationships to drive the uptake of new/additional Inmarsat services and value added applications as they come to market.
Successful execution of the role will require experience in engaging at the senior level up to and including C-level in a variety of organizations involved in the delivery of aviation services to the Commercial Air Transport market. Therefore excellent inter personal skills, a strong understanding of target markets and a background in strategic business development is essential.
The individual best suited for this role will be able to drive demand and uptake for Inmarsat products and services through key strategic engagement with senior and executive stakeholders at airlines, regulators ANSPs and business partners across the region.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Represent Inmarsat Aviation within the APAC Commercial Airline operations and safety ecosystems and be able to coordinate cross-functional contribution to business capture and implementation activities related to established and emerging Commercial Products & Services.
- Champion regional presence and establish Inmarsat as the Premier Operations and safety Satcom service provider within the Commercial Aviation sector.
- Monitor emerging technologies, regulations and market adoption to ensure Inmarsat remains at the forefront of Commercial Aviation operations and safety connectivity.
- Provide ‘voice of customer’ to Inmarsat Aviation Business Unit; service delivery team and commercial teams; bringing their attention to customer issues/concerns and input to devise creative commercially viable ways to address customer requirements.
- Ensure Distribution Providers are fully supported and held accountable for regional sales targets and performance.
- Support Inmarsat aviation program teams and commercial colleagues in meetings with customers (progress reviews etc.).
- Shape and influence the way that airlines and other organizations adopt Satellite based IP connectivity for operations and safety services including air traffic management.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in engaging and working with Senior Executives up to and including C-Level to deliver business success.
- Proven track record of strategic business development execution and growing revenue within the Commercial Aviation sector in Asia Pacific.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the aircraft connectivity market at all levels.
- Strong understanding of avionics communications solutions and their application and deployment/use.
- Experience working in/with aviation, including responsibility to grow revenue through good stakeholder relationship management.
- Excellent cross cultural communication skills.
Strong business acumen – ability to build and present business cases to support internal investment decisions to drive new revenues.
- Commercially and technically creative – able to foresee and capitalize on opportunities for revenue growth through an intimate knowledge of customer needs and Inmarsat capabilities.
- Proven talent to build and leverage customer relations for commercial impact.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical or business discipline.
- Fluency in Mandarin.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviors which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organization.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises.
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences.
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heard of everything we do.