A call home from the middle of the ocean, a lifeline when disaster strikes, a safely routed flight, a mission-critical ops report. Our world-leading satellite communication networks touch every aspect of life. Inmarsat has led the way in global mobile satellite communications for over 40 years. We solve the toughest connectivity challenges of our customers, anywhere in the world. Working with our global network of partners, we have all your satellite communication needs covered – today and far into the future.
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat’s Government business unit delivers against the requirements for voice, data and video services with demand for global availability and utmost reliability. Whether a military commander on operations, a government official responding to a local emergency or a head of state conducting international affairs, Inmarsat provides them with essential access to voice and broadband data, where and when they need it.
Primary role purpose:
The purpose of the Account Manager position will be to act as the liaison between Inmarsat and allocated key distribution partners, and to lead those partners towards commercial activities which stimulate revenue and result in greater market adoption of Inmarsat aviation services within the Government Sector. You will be expected to forge an influential relationship with allocated channel partners, to respond professionally and creatively to issues and requests from our partners and to be proactive in promoting new Inmarsat solutions, capabilities and value propositions. You will collaborate with product management, commercial, business development and technical colleagues in the team to drive significant revenue growth form the allocated partners.
- The Aero Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with strategically important channel partners. The Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives
- The Aero Account Manager represents the entire range of Inmarsat Government Aviation products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company
- Meet and exceed assigned targets for profitable sales (revenue and bookings)
- Develop, execute and maintain account/sector/territory business plans to drive short-term growth and sustainable long term revenue performance
- Develop deep Government end-user relationships alongside Partner relationships to establish the brand preference for Inmarsat (up to and including tender specification of Inmarsat products and services) and prioritise the approach to market in accordance with the Global Government strategy and capability fit
- Work with Government end-users, Partners and cross-functionally within Inmarsat to understand and define customer operational, technical, financial and procurement requirements and match uniquely differentiated value propositions to each opportunity, utilising the full portfolio of Inmarsat offerings
- Seek strategic partnerships in assigned countries that will bring new opportunities and access to the end-user community and generate material growth
- Raise the profile of Inmarsat within associated public organisations across the relevant region
- Support partners in complex bids and solutions, with a clear plan to drive revenues
- Develop and maintain relationships with selected supporting organisations, which will allow positioning of Inmarsat capability and facilitate access to end-user customers (terminal manufacturers, solutions providers and systems integrators)
- Production of timely activity reports, revenue/bookings forecasts (including accurate and up to date SFDC) and commentary
- Provide support at regional trade shows and conferences as appropriate.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in account/partner/channel management, with emphasis on continual contract and pricing review and negotiation as a means to growing accounts
- Good knowledge of one, or more, of the following:
- Communications services for aircraft
- Cabin connectivity
- Government and Business jet operators
- Aircraft OEMs
- An understanding of International Government buying and budgeting cycles
- Commercial and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Business planning and results-orientated approach
- Successful experience in building go to market and account plans
- Successful experience building and growing channels
- Successful experience in selling satellite communications services and products
- Good time management
- Creative and lateral thinking
- Drive, enthusiasm and a willingness to embrace accountability
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Additional languages would be an advantage
- Government Aviation experience would be an advantage
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do