Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat Enterprise is a leading global provider of satellite-enabled managed connectivity services for land-based organisations. We are enabling the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) and helping transform business outcomes across a diverse set of sectors, including agriculture, aid and NGO, media, mining, oil and gas, renewable energy, transport and utilities.
Primary role purpose:
This position will take responsibility for maintaining a successful commercial relationship between Inmarsat and its key partners/clients, responsible for channel sales, within our Enterprise business unit across Middle East and Africa. The individual will be required to support and direct sales activities in Middle East and Africa and ensure a cohesive strategy for channel growth. The individual will use his/her experience in account development and management, coupled with their extensive knowledge of the telecommunications/satellite industry, to drive revenue through key partners as well as creating new IoT revenue streams through new and existing partners.
- Work with key channel partners to increase uptake of Inmarsat products and services and to drive revenue. Provide full support, reply to partner inquiries in a timely manner, and maintain account contact details and an updated sales funnel.
- Manage product demos, training, and develop marketing and sales plans.
- Identify and realize new IoT market opportunities with assigned partners; assist in negotiating commercial terms and pricing effectively on behalf of Inmarsat
- Develop and maintain an effective account plan which addresses the strategic approach to growing revenue with each assigned channel partner. This will include promotion, publicity, and ensuring enablement of the Partner to reach more end users with Inmarsat services
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date pipeline to meet pipeline targets as set out by senior management on a quarterly basis
- Direct and develop Inmarsat Enterprise resources across Middle East in line with the regional strategy
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and assigned partners to ensure growth of market share from competitors
- Act as the main point of contact for assigned partners on all issues – commercial and technical. Remain accessible and act with urgency to ensure Inmarsat retains its reputation for reliability
- Establish close relationships with key end-users and individuals responsible for the procurement of communication technology in specific organizations; capitalize on commercial opportunities for Inmarsat and draw together expertise from across the business to do so
- Assess any opportunities to tender/respond to RFIs from assigned accounts. Initiate and retain control of the bid management process, working closely with the technical, commercial, and legal experts within Inmarsat to ensure a successful and profitable outcome
- Support assigned partners in both long-term endeavours and immediate connectivity requirements and ensure Inmarsat is regarded as the natural choice in each scenario
- Lead assigned partners toward behaviours and actions consistent with the business strategy for Inmarsat’s broadcast services
- Take steps as necessary to develop a better understanding of end-user requirements and feed this insight into portfolio developments and initiatives
- Manage internal and external stakeholders, demonstrating enthusiasm for Inmarsat’s business and clear grasp of market strategy
- Promoting Inmarsat services through regular contact with existing Partners
- Identify and secure new partners to expand business in the region in line with the regional sales strategy
- Working closely with Inmarsat Product Management and Solution Engineering to analyse customer requirements and to help define Inmarsat service offerings, including support for the customer
- Understanding Inmarsat’s current and future product and service portfolio
- Learning and then teaching service concepts and sharing application knowledge with Partners and colleagues to help them identify and sell Inmarsat product offerings to their customers
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in telecommunications sales and/or satellite solutions sales to large enterprise customers
- Able to Travel up to 50% of the time
- Proven experience and contacts across the territory and experience conducting business in the region
- Experience to align extended company resources to support regional outcomes
- Experience managing indirect customers and developing and implementing sales plans to maintain and grow revenue
- Proven ability to deliver target revenues over long lead times through growing/incentivizing an indirect channel to market
- Experience managing customers with revenue streams in excess of $5m
- Demonstrable understanding of the satellite communications industry; knowledge of the opportunities, trends and Inmarsat’s competitive landscape
- Ability to act responsively, urgently, and with the desire to maintain Inmarsat’s global reputation
- Obvious leadership qualities – ability to influence, negotiate and direct the activity and investment of key partners for Inmarsat’s benefit
- Sufficient technical knowledge to conduct high-level technical discussions
- Excellent communicator and presenter with experience in engaging at Customer level
- Results-orientated mentality, commission hungry
- Able to self-manage
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – Providing a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do