Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites.
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Commercial and Product Management
Inmarsat’s Commercial & Product Management (CPM) group is accountable for ensuring the voice of the customer is heard and used in all aspects of defining our offer. Coupling customer insight with market intelligence, this informs our product strategy, our channel strategy and our commercial offer. In addition, it helps us support the business to win, grow and retain customers as well as allowing us to be clearer on how we will partner with other players who can create value, and why partnering and working with Inmarsat is valuable to them. CPM also focuses on how to develop, deliver and maintain the right products and services to be competitive, ensuring our costs to serve are optimised and reducing complexity.
Primary role purpose:
Reporting to the Senior Director, Programme and Project Delivery, Commercial and Product Management the Programme Manager is an important and strategic role that covers three main areas: programme delivery, portfolio oversight and team management.
In this role, you will work on a wide range of projects and be assigned your own complex, multi-disciplinary programme. You will work with stakeholders to plan outcomes, requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company.
You and your team will span offices and time zones so you will need to be able to coordinate accordingly and keep everyone up to date on progress and deadlines.
In addition to your Programme Manager role you can expect to be involved in the Programme and Project Delivery Management team, taking oversight for a related section of the portfolio, and working with stakeholders to understand trade-offs, ensure quality of delivery, and track that projects are delivering against their outcomes.
Finally, your role will involve the management of Project Management team members who are delivering projects within your portfolio. Giving them support, direction and coaching to ensure world class project delivery.
- Lead the planning and execution of assigned programme and/or projects
- Ensure programme and/or projects deliver business case outcomes
- Manage project resource allocations (including requests for additional Project Management support) in line with the Offer Roadmap, small change and development pipeline
- Ensure programme and/or projects are delivered within scope, schedule, and budget through collaborating with a cross functional matrix of teams
- Ensure mechanisms are in place for the definition and tracking of all programme activities
- Hold members of the cross functional team to account for their deliverables and own the resolution of project deliverables which are off track including management against agreed recovery / mitigation plans
- Communicate programme and/or project objectives, status, risk, and mitigation plans
- Understand, articulate, and manage portfolio level risks, issues, and dependencies
- Implement CPM Programme Management Office’s practices and processes
- Define and manage resource requirements and schedule assignment of resources
- Take an active role in Portfolio reporting
- Ensure team are supported in the delivery of assigned projects
- Manage and encourage new ideas from colleagues to foster improvements through innovation
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience within the telecommunications industry
- Project Management Professional with knowledge of project methods (e.g., PRINCE2, PMP, MSP, Six Sigma) and Agile delivery methodologies (e.g., Scrum SAFe, DSDM)
- Expert with project management tools, including Jira, MS Project, Microsoft teams
- Experience with the product development lifecycle
- Strong project delivery skills including accurate project planning, delivering to milestone dates, managing resources effectively, and communicating status effectively
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot and diagnose complex project issues; translating findings into alternatives and solutions; and identifying risks and impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate leaders’ decision-making
- Ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work globally with and influence stakeholders in a complex organisation
- Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others
- Strong delegation skills involving prioritising and reprioritising projects and oversight of projects of various size and complexity.
- Ability to inspire and sustain engagement through shared purpose and vision.
- Create and maintain an environment that energises people to achieve high levels of performance and encourages people to learn from experiences
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do