Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites.
Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Commercial and Product Management
Inmarsat’s Commercial & Product Management (CPM) group is accountable for ensuring the voice of the customer is heard and used in all aspects of defining our offer. Coupling customer insight with market intelligence, this informs our product strategy, our channel strategy and our commercial offer. In addition, it helps us support the business to win, grow and retain customers as well as allowing us to be clearer on how we will partner with other players who can create value, and why partnering and working with Inmarsat is valuable to them. CPM also focuses on how to develop, deliver and maintain the right products and services to be competitive, ensuring our costs to serve are optimised and reducing complexity.
Primary role purpose:
Reporting to the Programme Manager the Project Manager is an important and strategic role that manages the execution of complex projects relating to Inmarsat’s key products which are typically of higher value or of strategic importance.
The Project Manager is accountable for the overall project delivery processes including project planning, scheduling, costing, execution, risk management activities and closing processes. This role interfaces with internal and external resources to mobilise a project team across Technology, Operations, Engineering, and Business to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager ensures project execution is delivered in accordance to quality assurance and control activities.
Your background will include proven experience of managing projects and complex change activity with a sound understanding of project management methodologies and techniques.
The role will span offices and time zones so you will need to be able to coordinate accordingly and keep everyone up to date on progress and deadlines.
- Lead “Discovery phases”, establishing the strategic, commercial, operational, and technical foundations for project delivery.
- Own the planning and execution of assigned projects including requirements such as scope, delivery plan and timelines, risks, issues, and opportunities
- Develop, manage, and implement resource allocation proposals to ensure successful delivery of projects with correct stakeholder representation.
- Developing, agreeing, and managing project budgets including owning forecast and actual costs
- Ensure projects are delivered within scope, delivery timelines, and budget through collaborating with a cross functional matrix of teams
- Hold members of the cross functional team to account for their deliverables and where deliverables are off track own the recovery / mitigation plan and the approval of any appropriate resolution such as change requests, increases to budget and re-forecasting delivery timelines
- Develop and lead Project governance and reporting for assigned projects
- Build strong trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders & manage project disconnects accordingly
- Ensure transparency in the management of project risks and issues and communicate effectively to internal and external stakeholders
- Work with Product Owners to continually improve the quality of the backlogs
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Project Management Professional with knowledge of project methods (e.g., PRINCE2, PMP, MSP, Six Sigma) and agile delivery methodologies (e.g., Scrum, SAFe, DSDM)
- In-depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project lifecycle, from business case development, scoping and mobilisation to design, implementation and deployment of capabilities and benefits realisation
- Experience of setting up and using project management tools such as MS Project, Jira & Microsoft Teams
- Confident communicator able to develop, tailor and deliver the right messages about the programme to the right stakeholders at the right time
- Strong budget management and financial reporting skills
- Strong project delivery skills including accurate project planning, delivering to milestone dates, managing resources effectively, and communicating status effectively
- Ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work globally with and influence stakeholders in a complex organisation
- Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others
- Ability to inspire and sustain engagement through shared purpose and vision.
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do