The Singapore Space and Technology Association (SSTA) focuses on developing Singapore’s Space and related high technology industries. As a neutral platform, SSTA aims to facilitate information and communication for industry, government and academia.
Organizational Relationship Reports to: Assistant Director or Executive Director
- (External) Start-ups, investors, start-ups, government organizations, innovation and tech sector
- (Internal) President, Executive Director, Assistant Director
- He/She has to work in the SSTA office on the weekdays, barring any public holidays, leave-of-absence or medical leave taken.
- He/She shall be available to travel when required and also be available to work extended hours during the launch and execution of key events.
The Innovation/ Venture Programmes Manager plays a key role in industry development programmes for space tech start-ups and SSTA’s associated start-ups to increase their market reach and valuation. He/she will design, plan and execute (end-to-end) SSTA’s industry programmes relating to innovation development.
This role will support space tech start-ups to increase their market reach and valuation. He/she will have P&L responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- You will plan and execute (end-to-end) a structured programme for space tech startups and SSTA”s associated start-ups. For example, including but not limited to:
- Organizing effective programme for mentoring of the startups
- Providing relevant technical training and workshops
- Organize and track, manage information flow for pitching sessions or demo day
- Your role involves the end-to-end management and reporting of the progress and results of the programmes.
- You will also collect data, prepare reports, analysis (financial and business) of the programmes.
- You must be able to assist in start-up valuation and preparing the correct documentation for fund-raising.
- You would also work with government organizations to align roadmaps and seek possible grant support.
- You are responsible for driving the results of the industry development programmes assigned to you. Therefore, you must have a strong sense of ownership for your work and a keenness to meet the performance targets given.
- You will be measured by your ability to help space tech start-ups increase the market reach and valuation.
- You have experienced in working and helping startups and emerging technology.
- You possess experience in building, implementing and managing development programmes (e.g. development roadmaps, workshops, OJTs, etc.).
- You are extremely proficient with accounting and financial analysis tools
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields: Science, Business, Engineering, Accounting
- Minimum 3 years of experience in either of the following:
- Tech / innovation environment
- Business valuation
- Business Development
- Proficiency in Microsoft office: Excel, Powerpoint and Word a must.
- You must be able to understand or construct business valuation and financial models.
- You must be able to travel easily with no visa restrictions to Indonesia, China, US, Europe, Japan.