We build satellites to go to space.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience
Citizenship: Australian citizens only
We are a space and defence company located in Australia’s first innovation neighbourhood at Lot Fourteen in Adelaide. We are a resident amongst many other innovative and high-tech companies and are next door to the University precinct and the beautiful Botanical Gardens.
With over 40 employees, we develop satellite technologies and are building several spacecraft for civilian and defence customers. We have developed a family of small satellite platforms and provide a complete turnkey satellite mission solution from mission design to spacecraft design, manufacture, integration, test, delivery and operations. We also provide services to Defence in several key areas, including electronic warfare, simulation and modelling and space surveillance.
To be a world class small satellite and Defence technical services provider.
Important to Know
We are very passionate about space!
We value work/life balance and provide a flexible working environment to recruit and retain the best people. We therefore welcome applications for full time, part time and flexible work arrangements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are a company that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
We provide complimentary fresh fruit and coffee to keep our people healthy and focussed.
Position Broad Purpose
We are seeking a junior Project Manager to join our dynamic satellite technologies team. Ideally this role is a great growth opportunity for a current Project Coordinator or Project Scheduler.
Your prime responsibilities will be to:
- Develop, maintain, and manage the project schedule across multiple projects.
- Identify potential project schedule delays and facilitate resolutions in a timely manner.
- Identify and facilitate resolution of project schedule risks and issues.
- Prepare project status reports for our customers, our Chief Executive and Team Leaders.
You will also be called upon to provide support to the Project Manager in other key aspects of project management, including scope, resources, budget, risk, and issues.
Reporting Relationships and Key Stakeholders
This position reports to the Operations Manager.
The position will work closely with our:
- Project Manager
- Multi-disciplinary technical team
- Customers and
Professional Competencies and Attributes
Diversity and Inclusion
- An understanding and commitment to embracing the diversity of experiences and perspectives of all so that we feel welcome, integrated and included in our workplace.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate outcomes that meet our customers’ needs.
- Excellent customer focused writing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills that enable you to establish a great working relationship with our team and our customers.
- Emotional intelligence that supports working in a small and agile company with other highly focused, intelligent people.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
Criteria – Essential
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals who have:
- A degree in a relevant field, ideally Engineering, Science or Computer Science.
- An interest and passion for the space industry.
- Advanced proficiency in project scheduling, ideally in MS Project.
- An understanding of what it takes to successfully deliver projects.
- Knowledge of the key aspects of project management, including management of scope, budget, schedule, quality, risk, issues and resources.
- An understanding of managing customer expectations.
Criteria – Desirable
- Experience in space or defence projects, particularly space hardware or technology development projects.
- Eligibility for a security clearance. To meet this, candidates must be Australian citizens.