DEIMOS is selecting a business developer and accounts manager to be integrated in the Flight Systems Business Unit, to support the development of key business lines in the institutional market of Space, Aeronautics and Defence and the management of related programmes and activities.
The work of the Flight Systems Business Unit is the design of space missions and the development of Software and Avionics products for the Space and Aeronautical sectors. As a matter of reference, DEIMOS’ Flight Systems Business Unit activities cover:
- Launch vehicles
- Earth observation (EO) satellites
- Satellite servicing (SSV) and active debris removal (ADR) missions
- Entry, descent, and landing on planets (Earth, Mars) & natural satellites
- Planetary exploration and observation, including interplanetary navigation
- Unmanned autonomous vehicles (UAVs, UGVs)
The following types of responsibilities are envisioned:
- Support the definition and establishment of new business lines for the Flight Systems Business Unit, focused on but not limited to national, ESA and EC customers.
- Lead and participate in the preparation of proposals, including the coordination of proposal teams over the multiple DEIMOS sites.
- Lead and participate in the management of institutional projects and programmes.
- Support the institutional customer reviews of projects and programmes.
- Analyse trends and market opportunities at European and international levels.
- Participate in European and International workshops and conferences.
Required: A recognized engineering degree (Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Electronic) or a related degree (e.g. Physics)
Desired: Masters in Business or equivalent
Required: Experience in national and European institutions and their operations (e.g. ESA, EC and national delegations) in the space and/or aeronautics sectors
The position will be tailored to the level of experience. Additional experience would be viewed very positively.
Good level of English, spoken and written.
Knowledge of Spanish would be desirable.
- Capability to integrate in and work within a team
- Autonomy and self-development
- Responsibility towards the customer and colleagues
- Availability to travel and spend time collocated in different DEIMOS branches
- Team leader