Telespazio VEGA Deutschland is the first choice European aerospace company for ICT and engineering solutions and services. We combine 40 years of experience in high-technology markets, where trust and quality are essential. With more than 350 employees in Germany, we shape the future of aerospace together – and beyond. Our staff play a key role in determining our success through their qualifications, motivation, enthusiasm, different cultural backgrounds and their sense of teamwork.
EPS-SG is the European component of the Joint Polar System (JPS), which is based on a cooperation with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). EPS-SG will be based on a two-satellite configuration with the launch of Metop-SG A in mid-2021 followed by the second satellite (Metop-SG B) 18 months later. Two recurrent Metop-SG A and B satellites will be provided and launched in order to achieve a minimum of 21 years of operations. While EUMETSAT relies on a co-operation with the European Space Agency (ESA) for the development of the satellite and of a subset of instruments, EUMETSAT will develop and procure a dedicated Ground Segment (GS). Existing technologies and infrastructure elements that are already in operation in the EUMETSAT headquarters shall be capitalized as well as the Satellite Application Facilities (SAF) network.
The expected starting date will be around April 2020.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Responsibilities / Duties
The activities performed by you will be an input for the overall system and ground segment Validation & Verification (V&V) activities.
You will typically be involved in tasks related to test tools / test data, with focus on tools / data required for V&V of instrument data processing chains. Tools can serve for example the purpose of test data generation / manipulation / re-formatting, test data injection into the ground segment and test data collection & analysis.
Typical tasks will include:
- Definition and development of the on-ground instrument data processing specifications (e.g. algorithms and product formats);
- Development of the on-ground instrument data processing systems, test tools and test data;
- Verification, integration and acceptance of the on-ground instrument data processing elements;
- Validation of data processing algorithms and products;
- Reviews, verification and testing of on-ground instrument data processors against appropriate versions of requirements, specifications and reference processors;
- System engineering activities in collaboration with EPS-SG System and Ground segment teams;
- Interactions with Space Segment teams and analysis of instrument-related documentation;
- Formal reviews and technical meetings at system and ground segment level;
- Preparation of documentation for system and ground segment level reviews in relevant areas.
- University degree in the domain of engineering, science, or equivalent;
- At least 3 years of experience in engineering of on-ground data processing elements for space-borne observing (imaging and/or sounding) systems.
- Good skills in higher programming languages such as C/C++, Java, IDL, Python;
- Experience in verifying on-ground instrument data processing systems;
- Experience in development of test data sets and processor prototypes;
- Knowledge of relevant space-borne observation instruments (EPS-SG satellites will embark sounders and imagers from the ultraviolet to the microwave range, a scatterometer and a radio-occultation instrument);
- Experience in specification of operational products for earth observation missions.
Your Benefits of joining us
By joining the Telespazio family, you will enjoy all the benefits of a competitive salary in a sustainable work environment, flexible working time models, diverse advancement and training possibilities for technical, language and soft skills, a generous holiday package as well as a company pension scheme. Furthermore, we support you with your relocation. Through our wide network, we can also support your partner in finding a job at your new work location.
Are you equally inspired by our visions and dreams? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!