Since 1992, RHEA Group has walked the path of sustainable growth by actively working on space missions and producing bespoke engineering solutions, system development and security services that apply to our everyday lives.
You will have the opportunity to support the FLEX PDGS Project Manager and the Data Quality and Algorithms Management office, covering all aspects related to Operational Processors, Calibration, Data Quality Control and Instruments Monitoring. It spans from phase C to phase E1 and possibly during phase E2.
Tasks and Activities
- Management Support to the PDGS Operational Processors, Calibration Facility, Data Quality Control and Instruments Monitoring sub-systems technical officers for:
- Preparation of the PDGS sub-systems managerial documentation (e.g. implementation plan)
- Preparation of the PDGS sub-systems contractual documentation (e.g. SoWs)
- Management of industries in charge of PDGS sub-systems development
- Coordination of PDGS sub-systems reviews
- Preparation of the PDGS Sub-Systems requirements documents
- Support to PDGS specification for the part relevant to the PDGS sub-systems implementation (e.g. Interface Control Documents)
- Support the acceptance by the PDGS Project of PDGS external CFIs
- Review of documentation from various sources: ESA, Industry during the project phases dealing with sub-systems implementation and testing.
- Participation to Ground Segment Reviews and PDGS reviews organised either by ESA or by Industry
- Management of the review item discrepancies, system or software problem reports and action linked to PDGS Sub-Systems implementation contracts
- Generation of technical notes whenever needed during the relevant project phases
- Operations of the various supporting tools for the part relevant to the PDGS sub-systems implementation (e.g. Documentation Management System)
- Support to the PDGS Integration and Validation and Ground Segment Validation phases addressing for the relevant PDGS sub-systems:
- Integration of the facility within the processing centre
- Definition of integration and validation tests
- Run of integration and validation tests procedures
- Test results analysis
- Test reporting
- Support for operators training and preparation of operational documentation for the relevant PDGS sub-systems
- Support for definition and documentation of the PDGS Commissioning Implementation Plan and procedures for the relevant PDGS sub-systems
- Support for the preparation of the launch and the implementation of rehearsal activities for the relevant PDGS sub-systems
- Support for the management of PDGS Operations, system behaviour monitoring and reporting during commissioning for the relevant PDGS sub-systems
- Definition of products Quality Control and Instruments Monitoring baselines
- Support for processing algorithms definition and review
- Support for calibration strategy and algorithms definition and review
- Support to the definition of the utilisation of data from the space segment level testing and to the definition of space to ground interface tests for the processors
- Support to products format definition
- Participation to the Aeolus Mission Advisory Groups
- Ad-hoc development of tools for the accomplishment of the PDGS sub-systems engineering, testing and validation, etc.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in Remote Sensing and Earth Observation.
- You have a good understanding of and background in geophysical sciences and/or specific instruments relevant to the FLEX mission.
- You have experience in instrument and data monitoring.
- You have experience in data quality control.
- You have experience in operational processors development.
- You have experience in calibration activities.
- You are fluent English language (oral and written).
- You are autonomous in writing technical notes, specifications and reports in English.
- You have good inter-personal skills and team spirit.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have a good knowledge of the ESA Earth Explorers missions (and instruments) and processes related to their PDGS development.
- You possess programming skills (e.g. MatLab® in order to develop tools for the accomplishment of the engineering, testing and validation activities).
- You have knowledge of the ECSS standards and documentation and configuration control management techniques.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.