Blue Origin is empowered by a vision where millions of people are living and working in space. To achieve our vision, we are developing reusable rocket engines and launch vehicles that will dramatically lower the cost of access to space. Driven by our motto, Gradatim Ferociter or “step by step, ferociously,” our incremental approach builds upon each success as we develop ground-breaking spaceflight systems. We don’t just build rockets—we build a culture around methodical innovation and exploration.
Blue Origin is committed to building a road to space so our children can build the future.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for facility construction/modification support, facility operation, maintenance and test article integration for rocket engine testing activities. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Fabrication, Installation and checkout of wire harnesses, flight hardware and instrumentation systems
- Test article integration and checkout
- Reviewing, editing and following test procedures and processes
- Operation of test facility and ground support equipment
- General troubleshooting of Instrumentation, Flight Avionics Systems and RF systems
- Working with engineers on design concepts/improvements and development tests
- Safely working with hazardous chemicals and high pressure systems
- 7+ years of experience in rocket engine test facility support, testing rocket or jet engines or closely related application
- Ability to closely follow electrical diagrams such as AutoCad and P&ID drawings
- Demonstrate the ability to work with Test, flight and safety critical hardware
- Demonstrate the ability to work with Data Acquisition Systems and Sensors as well as basic understanding of Instrumentation Calibration
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- 10+ years’ experience in propulsion facility/system or launch vehicle operation, integration or maintenance
- Working knowledge of a variety of rocket propellants, including hydrogen peroxide, Liquid Oxygen, and cryogenics
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.