- The primary focus of the role is to support Intellian customers in the field by performing installations, configurations and repairs of all our products.
- Attend on-board services to install, configure and repair Intellian systems efficiently, timely and successfully.
- Assist Intellian dealers with technical enquiries and attendances on vessels.
- Assist coordination team with work orders and vessel schedules, including liaising with port agents and vessel crew prior to attendance.
- Able to troubleshoot, diagnose and evaluate operation of product.
- Work with subcontractors, dealers and end-user customers for evaluating technical product related topics.
- Solve day to day case management. Input cases in CRM and track via customer inquiries from phone, email, etc.
- Update and input accurate data in CRM with ensuring CRM accuracy.
- Analysis and repair of products returned to Intellian facilities.
- Limit failed or return of required jobs by maintaining a high success rate.
- Adhere to all safety regulations, perform risk assessment and maintain required PPE.
- Complete and provide RMA forms with stock returns for inventory management.
- Creation, updating and completion of work orders in CRM with clear and concise service & expense reporting in a timely manner (within 24 hours of job return)
- Development of documentation for troubleshooting and knowledgebase
- Assist other departments, such as, but not limited to; product demonstrations, product recommendations, document or knowledgebase creation and onsite training.
- Deliver scheduled dealer product training at Intellian facility.
- Documenting and reporting any technical concerns to management or internal Quality and R&D teams.
- Training new Intellian technicians whom start in future.
- Travel – Ability to travel at very short notice anywhere globally.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience working on 3-axis KU, KA and/or C-Band stabilized marine antennas.
- Maritime/Sat-com certification; GVF, NMEA, MEI, Manufacturer training
- Maritime or offshore Experience.
- Strong understanding of RF technologies.
- IT Network troubleshooting skills; DHCP, TCP/IPv4 & v6, Sub-netting, routing, etc.
- Strong mechanical skills and ability to use hand tools for long periods.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and using email or telephone.
- Excellent written and verbal skills of the English language.
- Must be comfortable working alone
- Able to travel at short notice
- Able to lift/carry tools and spares, climb ladders, masts, rigging, etc.
- Comfortable working in industrial environment and at height.
- Good personal safety awareness and hazard avoidance.
- Strong Organizational & documentation skills.
- Great team player and positive attitude.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Google Docs. Generally, Technology savvy.