Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress, FleetBroadband and Iridium Certus solutions.
- Intellian is investing in a new L-Band Centre of Excellence in the UK. As part of the expansion, we are looking for experienced engineers to join our world-class development team. The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for the development of Satellite Communication terminals’ Embedded software.
- Design and Develop software architecture of satellite user terminals
- Develop high quality real-time embedded, modular, reusable software for our range of satellite user terminals
- Be responsible for software requirements management and traceability using industry best practice, tools and techniques
- Involved in the whole product lifecycle; refining product specification, producing innovative designs, generating complexity/work estimates, fixing issues and engaging with a multi-discipline team.
- Work closely with the product team on the definition of user features required
- Work closely with the Korean engineering team to support integration testing / QA of our user terminal
- Provide training and technical support, and incorporate feedback from test operators
work inside an enthusiast multi-disciplinary engineering team which will allow you to evolve and enlarge your competence
- 3+ years of experience in the field of embedded software development
- 2+ years Experience in developing Embedded Linux S/W using C/C++
- Integrating and debugging solutions on target hardware
- Experience with software development, documentation, debugging tools, e.g. JIRA, Gerrit, Github, SVN, Jenkins etc
- Excellent design, debugging and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in the following:embedded systems, micro-controllers, implementing and maintaining secure bootloaders
- Linux device drivers, platform bring up, and real-time operating systems
- A range of digital and analog interfaces including CAN, USB, I2C, TCP/IP, SPI, GPIB, RS 422 and analog-to-digital conversion
- Programming for STM32, ARM Cortex targets
- L2/L3 switch chip-based firmware development
- Network equipment firmware development such as WIFI, router/switch
- Protocol interface with an external router
- Web programming and script development would be beneficial
- Asterisk, VoIP development would be beneficial
- Linux Kernel/Device Driver development would be beneficial
satellite communication development would be beneficial
- Gathering and managing requirements
- Digital hardware familiarity would be advantageous.
- Use of digital and RF test and measurement instruments is desirable.
- Previous experience with Iridium, Inmarsat or Thuraya terminals developments desirable
- Previous experience in recruiting, training and managing a team of Embedded Software engineers would be ideal.
- Responsible for managing and implementing development activities through research, strategic planning, and implementation.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer engineering or electronic/electrical engineering or similar discipline
- Strong technical knowledge, meeting technical Goals, Team management skills, Self-Confidence,
- Presentation Skills, and Motivation.