Field Support Engineer
Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress, FleetBroadband and Iridium Certus solutions.
The primary focus of the role is to provide support of the operation, installation and configuration of Intellian products to internal and external stakeholders; remotely and onsite globally as required in a 24/7 Operational environment.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- On board, on-site and/or field Support of Intellian’s product globally, but mostly in the
- Design and provide technical guidance to internal and external stakeholders for Intellian technical support organization.
- Provide remote and onsite support for Intellian ECBU and Maritime business partners globally.
- Assist other Intellian departments to help facilitate sales, such as, but not limited to; product demonstrations, product recommendations, document or knowledgebase creation, and onsite training.
- Be able to perform installation and operation of Intellian products efficiently and effectively.
- Understand the operation of all Intellian products and be able to troubleshoot and diagnose failures on terminals equipped with Intellian products and/or services.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism, workmanship and cleanliness on customer site.
- Adhere to all safety regulations, perform risk assessment and maintain required PPE.
- Work individually without support if in a remote location with correct tools and approved spares as required for job responsibilities.
- Work with teams of both internal staff, subcontractors, dealers and customers.
- Ability to travel at very short notice anywhere globally.
- Be self-sufficient if need be with travel plans, accommodation and attendance when unable to contact coordination or line manager.
- Clear, concise daily reporting to the coordination team and line manager.
- Control expenditure when traveling on behalf of the company.
- Limit failed or return required jobs and maintain a high success rate.
- Completing and providing RMA forms with stock returns or inventory adjustments.
- PUP, Case, TCN and Work Order; Creation, updates and completion within salesforce.
- Maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and staff with the ability to assist working with all teams and staff to assist where the resource is needed.
- Strong communication skills for liaising with HQ TS in Korea, as well as regional offices in EMEA and APAC. Customer relations are also important as a considerable part of the role will be to work closely with our dealers and partners, specifically in regards to supporting their customer needs and the use of our entire product range.
- Solid computing and reporting skills for maintaining data within Intellian CRM (Salesforce), as well as document handling on google drive or Microsoft office suite.
- Escalated Technical Support via Telephone, email or IM (Mentoring existing staff)
- Knowledge of the full range of Intellian products to be achieved and maintained.
- Maintain knowledge at the appropriate level for both VSAT and TVRO applications.
- Engage with Intellian customers to ensure they are trained and have tools needed to succeed.
- Analysis and repair of products returned to Intellian facilities.
- Accurate reporting of issues to facilitate product improvements.
- Ability to follow procedures and make recommendations where improvement can be achieved.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering principle or equivalent industry experience in a Field Support role.
- 2+ years experience in troubleshooting and triage of technical issues in a fast-paced environment, to support customers.
- Experience in satellite communication and other RF technologies.
- VSAT & TVRO; specification, installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and repair.
- IT Network troubleshooting skills; DHCP, TCP/IPv4 & v6, Sub-netting, routing, VLANS, etc.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in a 24×7 environment as needed to support round-the-clock operations.
- Physically able to lift/carry at least 50lbs and climb ladders and masts. Rigging, etc.
- Willingness to use forklift (training would be provided).
- Ability to adapt to urgent situations and good at working under timeline pressure.
- Good computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Docs.
- Strong Electrical and mechanical skills.
- Travel upto 75% domestic and overseas
- 3 years experience in a technical position within the maritime environment.
- Written and Verbal skills in Spanish, French or Korean.
- Forklift Training.
- Salesforce experience.
- SAP Experience.
Please send your resume with a cover letter
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace