FPGA Firmware Engineer
Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress, FleetBroadband and Iridium Certus solutions.
As a firmware engineer (7+ years experience), you will participate in the definition, design, development, and testing of FPGA firmware in our next-generation active phased-array antennas and satellite user terminals. You will collaborate with our hardware, software, and manufacturing teams as well as external vendors to help provide best-in-class solutions for our customers.
- Define, design, develop, and test FPGA firmware for active phased-array antennas and satellite user terminals.
- Work closely with hardware and software teams to implement real-time algorithms for beamforming operations across a variety of antenna subsystem architectures.
- Significant ownership in technical activities related to new product and feature prototyping and board bring-up.
- Develop algorithms and software to provide efficient manufacturing, calibration, and factory testing of active phased-array antennas and satellite user terminals.
- Create comprehensive test plans to ensure that product requirements are satisfied or exceeded.
- Assist in various aspects of product testing, including unit tests, automated testing, and manual test execution.
- Assist in troubleshooting of issues in development, manufacturing, and operational environments.
- 10% Travel required.
- BSEE/BSCE/BSCS with 7+ years of related industry experience or MSEE/MSCE/MSCS with 5+ years of related industry experience.
- Advanced experience in Verilog/VHDL (or comparable) programming on FPGA systems.
- Experience with design and development of subsystems in a complex wireless communication system.
- Effective debugging, analysis, and testing on embedded platforms with real-time considerations.
- Strong experience with various standard interfaces/protocols, including RS222, RS422, Ethernet, SPI, UART, I2C, FSK, etc.
- Good working knowledge of software version control systems, Git in particular.
- Experience with bench test equipment, including multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.
- Project experience with unit testing and automated functional & performance testing.
- Experience with circuit schematic and PCB layout.
- Knowledge of digital wireless communication systems and modern satellite communication systems.
- Knowledge of phased array antenna operation.
- Experience with design and implementation of real-time software for antenna tracking and digital communications.
- Experience with Python or other high-level languages.
- Experience with Agile software methodologies (e.g. Kanban, Scrum) and associated tools (e.g. Jira)
Please send your resume with a cover letter
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace