Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress, FleetBroadband and Iridium Certus solutions.
- As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for electrical subsystems and modules for the SatCom user terminals under guidance from engineering managers. The design works include power rails, GNSS modules, network exchange modules, etc. An ideal candidate should have strong product development capability to support industrial and product design from concept approval to mass production. This engineering role should also have strong hands-on experience in lab testing and debugging. This role should have proved experience in supporting and communicating with a few international vendors/suppliers to deliver products.
Basic Job Description
- Define electrical design scope and requirements per product definitions
- Create block diagrams for main functions
- Perform cost analysis for solutions
- Create schematics including symbols creator PCB footprints
- Run simulations for signal and power integrity
- Manage BOM components and work with procurement team
- PCB efforts to include component placement, routing particular special classes, and PCB routing
- Write test procedures and test plans
- Perform Design Verification Test tasks
- Work with various suppliers and Contract Manufacturers
- Perform Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) tasks
- Design, implement and test power supply modules for SatCom user terminals
- Design, implement and test GNSS receiver module to meet the high-level product requirements in SatCom systems.
- Support the development of electrical architecture with general devices like micro-controller, CPLD, and FPGA in the antenna control unit of SatCom User Terminals (UTs)
- Create comprehensive verification and test plans for module development, prototype, and production
- Test and validate prototypes and products to ensure designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Perform terminal systems bring-up, debug, and validation of designs to achieve functional and performance goals.
- Document design, test, debug, and validation details in technical development cycles.
- Coordinate hardware development and implementation among several internal engineering teams and external module suppliers.
- Support other team members and customers to perform integration and test campaign in the component-, module- and system-level validations.
- BSEE or MSEE and 5-8 years of related experience
- Experience with power supply design with multiple high-power rails
- Experience with GNSS receiver module and signal protocol
- High-speed multi-gigabit digital system design experience
- Experience with system clock design
- Experience with general lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, signal generator, electronic load, and spectrum analyzer
- Experience with schematic and PC layout tools, including Altium and Mentor
- Experience with simulation and modeling tools, including PSPICE and signal integrity tools
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with various protocols, including Ethernet, SPI, LVDS, RS232, etc.
- Experience with power supply components from Texas Instruments and ADI
- Experience in Xilinx/Intel FPGA design and microprocessors is a plus
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas with engineers, vendors, and customers.
- Strong documentation skills to create, organize and manage the technical specification requirements, test reports, and technical application notes.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, coupled with well-focused details.