Senior Firmware Engineer
Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress, FleetBroadband and Iridium Certus solutions.
- In this role, you will be responsible for the definition, design & development of the next-generation satellite user terminals based on active phased array technology, both the software and interface with hardware, from concept, design, implementation, to testing & validation.
- Define, design & develop software and firmware of phased-array user terminals, embedded processors, and/or DSP for novel satcom user terminals
- Create real-time algorithm for single and multi-beamforming operations on various antenna subsystem architectures with considerations for memories, I/O pads, and interfaces
- Define, design and develop hardware and software for the operation of the phased array based user terminals and specified ICD, including message handling, message tracking, antenna gain reporting, antenna pointing and tracking, sensor reporting, transceiver tuning and monitoring, etc.
- Create comprehensive verification/test plans
- Tests and validates to ensure designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Perform antenna subsystems bring-up, debug, and validation of designs to achieve functional and performance goals
- Document design, test, debug and validation details in development cycles
- Coordinate software development and implementation among several hardware and module suppliers
- Develop test plans and test software in Python or other high-level languages for verification of antenna and user terminal operations
- Develop software test automation algorithm for screening and calibration of phased array panels for production lines and support factory troubleshooting
- Work with other team members and customers to perform integration and product test
- BSEE/BSCE with 10+ years of related experience or MSEE with 8+ years of related experience
- Strong software & FPGAs development hand-on experience in the platform/tools of Xilinx (Vivado, SDK, SDAccel, SDSoC, HLS, ISE) and Intel (Quartus, Platform Designer/Qsys, OpenCL) environment
- Strong experience of Python, Matlab, and other high-level languages for modeling and test automation
- Strong VHDL and C/C++ coding development experience, especially the experience in SatCom modem and hardware
- Experience with design and implementation of real-time software/firmware for antenna tracking and digital communications
- Experience with signal processing blocks such as filters, synchronization, estimators, and modulators/demodulators
- Familiar with COTS GNSS receiver functionality and GNSS chipset interfaces
- Strong experience of various standard interfaces/protocols, including RS222, RS422, Ethernet, SPI, UART, I2C, FSK, etc.
- Experience with bench test equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Git or SVN
- Knowledge of issue tracking tool such as Jira
- Experience with circuit schematic and PCB layout
- Knowledge of digital wireless communication systems
- Knowledge of phased array antenna principles
- Knowledge of satellite communication systems
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace