Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress, FleetBroadband and Iridium Certus solutions.
- As a Senior Mechanical Designer, you will develop mechanical designs and create technical drawings to document these designs. You will support the creation of prototypes of novel SatCom antenna and terminals. An ideal candidate should have strong product development capability to support industrial and product design from concept development to mass production. This designer will be expected to support the coordinating and communicating with a few international vendors/suppliers to deliver products.
- Design mechanical parts and assemblies per product specifications, including environmental, reliability and cost requirements.
- Support build and test the mechanical parts/prototypes in the lab by 3D-printer or CNC to verify design concept
- Create technical drawings using standards such as ASME Y14.100 and Y14.5
- Make and maintain changes of technical drawings using standard configuration management procedures.
- Collaborate with colleagues in design tools and lab test systems selections and development.
- Support production build-up for the manufacturing partners for prototypes and volume ramp-up.
- 10+ years of experience with proven track record of mechanical design and product development for mass production
- Strong experience of using SolidWorks 3D CAD tool
- Strong experience of using 3D printer to fabricate prototypes
- Solid knowledge & deep understanding of ASME Y14.5
- Solid knowledge & practical experience using Configuration Management Process
- Solid knowledge of cost-efficient manufacturing methodologies and technologies
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with operations of benchtop tools, CNC, and other hardwareStrong communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas with engineers, vendors and customers.
- Strong documentation skills to create, organize and manage the technical designs and drawings.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, coupled with a well-focused attention to details.