Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress, FleetBroadband and Iridium Certus solutions.
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Full Time
- As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will develop mechanical designs and create technical drawings to document these designs.
- You will support the creation of prototypes of novel SatCom antenna and terminals.
- An ideal candidate should have strong product development capability to support industrial and product design from concept development to mass production.
- This designer will be expected to support the coordinating and communicating with a few international vendors/suppliers to deliver products.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development and integration of mechanical design of SatCom user terminals (and modules) from brainstorm to production. The responsibilities include
- Design mechanical parts and assemblies per product specifications, including environmental, reliability and cost requirements.
- Build and test the mechanical parts/prototypes in the lab by 3D-printer or CNC to verify design concept
- Provide engineering analyses per system and module specifications for SatCom terminal product integration
- Drive and perform hardware verification, including test requirements/plans to secure quality and performance.
- Collaborate with colleagues in design tools and lab test systems selections and development.
- Document design, test, debug and validation details in technical development cycles.
- Support production build-up for the manufacturing partners for prototypes and volume ramp-up.
- Support quality assurance and troubleshoot in the production line
- Minimum: BS degree in mechanical engineering. Preferred: MS degrees in mechanical engineering
- 7-10 years of experience with proven track record of mechanical design and product development for mass production
- Strong experience of using mechanical/CAD tool, like SolidWorks and equivalent
- Strong experience of thermal analyses and simulation
- Strong experience of using 3D printer to fabricate prototypes
- Solid knowledge & understanding of reliability (e.g. MTBF) model
- Solid knowledge to support electrical circuitry design and verifications
- Solid knowledge of cost-efficient manufacturing methodologies and technologies
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with operations of benchtop tools, CNC, and other hardware
- Experience with the IEC 60068 standard for environmental testing
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas with engineers, vendors and customers.
- Strong documentation skills to create, organize and manage the technical specification requirements, test reports and technical application notes.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, coupled with a well-focused attention to details.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace