Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress, FleetBroadband and Iridium Certus solutions.
- Technical Program Manager
- Full Time
- We are looking for a Technical Program Management with experience in satellite communication User Terminal (UT) product management. You will have a pivotal role in defining and implementing customer oriented services for various LEO, MEO, and GEO UT products. The successful candidate will have deep understanding of satellite broadband and telecommunication services for enterprise, telecom, transportation and government customers across the globe.
- You will be working in a collaborative environment with a multi-disciplinary team and customers supporting development and productization of various UT products. Additionally, you will be responsible for interfacing with customers and development partners on the technical product management aspects.
- In this role, you will work directly with customers, engineering teams, and operational stakeholders to ensure delivery of various LEO, MEO, GEO UT product offerings based on product and engineering requirements. You will work in a collaborative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and must be comfortable interacting with highly technical cross-functional teams. The you must have strong business judgment, confident in front of customer, dive deep into data, have strong written skills and be comfortable leading executive-level reviews.
- To preform at your best in this role you will need a deep understanding of customer needs for modern telecommunication services. You will need to demonstrated business and operational experience within satellite telecommunications products and services targeting enterprise, telecom, government verticals will be preferred.
- You must be fully competent in a variety of project management tools, methodologies and techniques for all phases of the product life-cycle and exhibit/demonstrated proficiency in scoping, road-mapping, budgeting, business resource planning, scenario/risk management, status reporting and metric development/tracking.
- Define the customer products and service strategy for Kuiper services to meet requirements of different customer verticals
- Manage entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution and work with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver on that vision, e.g. engineering, sales, finance, operations, international
- Take a leadership program management role and own the successful delivery of products and capabilities to partners and customers.
- Collaborate with engineering leaders to create project plans (concept development to mass production) for antenna and UT development.
- Work with product/program management to ensure that the antenna and UT development meets schedule, cost, and quality requirements.
- Drive engineering project execution, facilitate technical trade-offs, track and report on status, and resolve blocking issues.
- Collaborate with architecture, hardware, software, teams on ensuring cross-functional deliverables are identified and tracked.
- Coordinate with vendors, distributors, and contract manufacturers to procure parts and track deliveries.
- Coordinate with internal engineering teams and external development partners on cross-functional collaboration and integration.
- Work with leadership team to set the customer strategy and make appropriate high-judgment trade-offs between features and speed-to-launch
- Responsible for launch plan and enablement, working to ensure that all teams have what they need to be successful
- Establish goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success
- Research and identify new opportunities to innovate on behalf of our customers
- Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Host and arrange logistics for multi-party technical and business events, including program kick-off meetings, design reviews, FAT, etc.
- Report technical risks and issues in narrative format (with data) so that the reports can be consumed by the business and technical teams.
- Create and maintain management weekly reports and dashboards
- Assist in focusing internal and external engineering efforts across the organization
- Ensure delivered work meets technical, functional, performance, regulatory and business requirements
- Support in-field test and validation of various UT systems
- Assist/Support field issues including travel to customer sites if needed
- Manage and organize documents library, including specification requirements, design packages, meeting minutes, etc.
- Expect up to 15% of travel depending on the phases of the projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of project/program management and/or functional management experience.
- 5+ years in SW/HW development environment with at least 5 recent years in architectural/system role
- 5+ years of proven track record of delivering results for large, cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple competing priorities
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Ability to lead, manage and mentor a team and align with company objectives
- Experience with schedule tracking tools such as MS Project, SharePoint, Confluence, and Jira.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Master Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or Business Administration
- 5+ years’ experience in managing complex telecom and/or satellite communication systems
- 5 years’ experience in managing complex product(s) development from concept to production
- 5+ years of experience hiring and managing a team
- Strategic aptitude, proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
- Analytical and quantitative skills; comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis for telecom subscription businesses
- Experience operating with global customers
- Antenna and/or RF design experiences
- Familiarity with satellite communication theory
- Familiarity with phased array technologies and implementations
- Satellite over-the-air Communication field-trial (Alpha and Beta) experience
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace