Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress, FleetBroadband and Iridium Certus solutions.
Intellian is investing in a new L-Band Centre of Excellence in the UK. As part of the expansion, we are looking for experienced engineers to join our world-class development team. The Senior Hardware Engineer will be responsible for the development of Satellite Communication terminals’ Digital firmware.
- Responsible for the design and development of Digital hardware for satellite user terminals. This includes analysis of customer specifications, subsystem and detailed design, design integration and qualification, follow up of the design into production.
- Develop high performance, reusable Digital hardware modules in L-Band for our range of satellite user terminals.
- Involved in the whole product lifecycle; refining product specification, producing innovative designs, generating complexity/work estimates, fixing issues and engaging with a multi-discipline team.
- Work closely with the systems team on the definition of performance requirements
- Work closely with the Korean engineering team to support integration testing / QA of our user terminal
- Provide training and technical support as required to other members.
- work inside an enthusiast multi-disciplinary engineering team which will allow you to evolve and enlarge your competence
- 5+ years of proven engineering experience in a firmware/hardware development environment
- Electronics hardware design (analog and digital), development, testing, integration in accordance with industry best practice
- Excellent knowledge of Microprocessors, programmable devices, FPGA and memory devices.
- Knowledge of PSU designs
- Developing design capture documentation such as specifications, design reports, electrical schematic diagrams, PCB project files, development test plans/reports and bill of materials.
- Preparing Prototype (Analogue/digital) equipment designs, source parts/materials, assemble, integrate and test against engineering specifications.
- Provide technical input into and assist with the development of system-level architectures.
- Excellent design, debugging, failure analysis and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Prior experience of communications terminal design desirable
- Experience in the following:
- PCB artwork tools and guiding digital board layouts
- Prototyping, design for manufacturing and design for cost
- Digital test and measurement equipment
- Design robustness analysis (worst case, stress, Failure Mode Analysis)
- Iridium, Inmarsat and/or Thuraya terminal developments desirable
- Previous experience in recruiting, training and managing a team of firmware/hardware engineers would be ideal.
- Responsible for managing and implementing development activities through research, strategic planning, and implementation.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in electronic/electrical engineering or similar discipline
- Strong technical knowledge, meeting technical Goals, Team management skills, Self-Confidence, Presentation Skills, and Motivation.