Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress, FleetBroadband and Iridium Certus solutions.
Intellian is investing in a new L-Band Centre of Excellence in the UK. As part of the expansion, we are looking for experienced engineers to join our world-class team. The Senior Integration, test and trials Engineer will be responsible for the Integration, testing and trials of the Satellite Communication terminals.
- Responsible for the definition of the test strategy and preparation of the test plans.
- Responsible for executing the Test Plan to verify and validate that the final product
- Responsible for the selection and/or development of tools
- Work closely with the systems team on the definition of test and validation requirements
- Work closely with developers to reproduce, identify and isolate the preproduction and production issues
- Work closely with the Korean engineering team to support integration testing / QA of the satellite user terminal
- Provide system integration support for the development and troubleshooting of the system
- document the design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information relevant to the project
- Responsible for running/co-ordinating Alpha and Beta trials of the product
- Provide training and technical support as required to other members.
- work inside an enthusiast multi-disciplinary engineering team which will allow you to evolve and enlarge your competence
- Proven engineering experience in a test, integration and trials environment
- Experience in the product integration and verification phases
- Defining and leading testing activities (regression, interface, simulation scenarios and test tools)
- Product installation, configuration, data management, performance monitoring and systems administration
- Leading the integration & block testing of incremental software releases for products and/or projects, in accordance with the schedule
- Supporting the planning and coordination of program software integration activities.
- Providing expert technical support and the setup of environments to developers, testers and end users, and providing support to the software integration team, development and validation teams during the implementation phase of the project
- Identifying risks and proposing effective solutions
- Authoring documentation and documentation updates
- Excellent debugging, failure analysis and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience of running customer trials would be an advantage
- Prior experience of Iridium and Inmarsat systems desirable
- Experience in the following:
- Development of automated test environment desirable
- Running Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and witnessing tests
- RF & digital test and measurement equipment
- Type approvals and homologation experience desirable
- Regulatory testing standards and standardization bodies related to land, maritime and aviation applications such as FCC, ETSI, FAA, RTCA
- Previous experience in recruiting, training and managing a team of test & integration engineers would be ideal.
- Responsible for managing and implementing development activities through research, strategic planning, and implementation.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in RF/electronic/electrical engineering or similar discipline
- Strong technical knowledge, meeting technical Goals, Team management skills, Self-Confidence, Presentation Skills, and Motivation.