Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress, FleetBroadband and Iridium Certus solutions.
Intellian is investing in a new L-Band Centre of Excellence in the UK. As part of the expansion, we are looking for experienced engineers to join our world-class development team. The Senior RF Engineer will be responsible for the development of Satellite Communication terminals’ RF hardware.
- Responsible for the design and development of RF hardware for satellite user terminals. This includes analysis of customer specifications, subsystem and detailed design, design integration and qualification, follow up of the design into production.
- Develop high performance modular, reusable RF modules in L-Band for our range of satellite user terminals.
- Involved in the whole product lifecycle; refining product specification, producing innovative designs, generating complexity/work estimates, fixing issues and engaging with a multi-discipline team.
- Work closely with the systems team on the definition of performance requirements
- Work closely with the Korean engineering team to support integration testing / QA of our user terminal
- Provide training and technical support as required to other members.
- work inside an enthusiast multi-disciplinary engineering team which will allow you to evolve and enlarge your competence
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience with transmitter and receiver design (L/S/C bands), including power amplifiers, Low noise subsystems, freq synthesizers, transceivers, filtering, antenna matching units and antenna systems.
- Knowledge of Satellite communication links and link budgets
- Excellent design, debugging, failure analysis, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of RF Optimisation techniques and best practices
- Knowledge of DSP and waveforms desirable
- Experience in the following:
- PCB artwork tools and guiding RF layouts
- RF and EM simulations tools like CST, Spice, ADS, MW Office
- Prototyping, design for manufacturing and design for cost
- RF test and measurement equipment
- Regulatory testing standards and standardization bodies related to land, maritime and aviation applications such as FCC, ETSI, FAA, RTCA
- Design robustness analysis (worst case, stress, Failure Mode Analysis)
- Iridium, Inmarsat and/or Thuraya terminal developments desirable
- Previous experience in recruiting, training and managing a team of RF/hardware engineers would be ideal.
- Responsible for managing and implementing development activities through research, strategic planning, and implementation.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in RF/electronic/electrical engineering or similar discipline
- Strong technical knowledge, meeting technical Goals, Team management skills, Self-Confidence, Presentation Skills, and Motivation.