Intellian is a leading global provider of stabilized satellite antenna systems. Built upon our patented RF, stabilization and tracking technologies, our products support a wide range of industries, including Commercial Maritime, Offshore Energy, Defense & Intelligence and Luxury Yachting. Our comprehensive range of antenna systems includes Satellite TV, VSAT, Global Xpress, FleetBroadband and Iridium Certus solutions.
The primary focus of the role is to support Intellian products and customers in the field, with operation, installation and configuration of all Intellian product; whether that be on board or remotely from the office via telephone and email.
- On board, on-site and/or field Support of Intellian’s product globally, but mostly in the Americas.
- When in the office it is expected that you answer phone calls and emails to support our customer base, utilizing our case management system to facilitate Customer Support via out Help Desk.
- Assisting other departments to help facilitate sales, such as, but not limited to; product demonstrations, Product recommendations, documentation or knowledgebase creation, onsite training and/or site acceptance testing.
In Field/On board/on site work:
- Be able to perform installation, commissioning, preventative maintenance and/or corrective maintenance on any Intellian Product efficiently, timely and successfully.
- Understand operation of all Intellian product and be able to troubleshoot and fix.
- Maintain high standard of workmanship and cleanliness on customer site.
- Adhere to all safety regulations, perform risk assessment and maintain required PPE.
- Work individually without support if in a remote location.
- Work with teams of both internal staff, subcontractors, dealers and customers.
- Ability to travel at very short notice anywhere globally.
- Be self-sufficient if need be with travel plans, accommodation and attendance when unable to contact coordination or line manager.
- Report daily to coordination team and line managers.
- Control expenditure when travelling on behalf of the company.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all time, representing the company well and maintaining a good reputation.
- Attend all jobs with the correct tools and spares.
- Limit failed or return required jobs and maintain a high success rate.
Administration & Clerical
- Accurate completion of field service reports with extensive work details.
- Create work scopes for other engineers, contractors and service partners
- Completing and providing RMA forms with stock returns or inventory adjustments.
- Ensuring all approvals are obtained before taking any item(s) from stock.
- Inputting of accurate information into Salesforce and field service lightening in a timely manner.
- Clear, concise reporting on service issues that need escalation.
- Development of documentation for troubleshooting and knowledgebase.
- Creation of content such as “How to” or instructional videos that enable the customer to self-serve for support.
- Working with all teams and staff to assist where resource is needed.
- Maintain good working relationship with colleagues.
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Ensuring the security of any company property, building and contents
- Good communication skills are essential for liaising with our US HQ in Irvine as well as regional offices in EMEA and APAC. Customer relations are also important as a considerable part of the role will be to work closely with our dealers and partners, specifically in regards to supporting their customer needs and use of our entire product range.
- Good computing and reporting skills are essential for maintaining data within our CRM (Salesforce), as well as document handling on google drive or Microsoft office suite.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skill are a must for troubleshooting and resolving issues which may arise with our product.
- Occasional facility or warehouse duties will be required to be performed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering principle or equivalent industry recognized vocational qualifications, such as; CompTIA, GVF, Cisco, NMEA etc.
- At minimum 2 years’ experience in a technical position within the maritime environment.
- Experience on satellite communication and other RF technologies.
- VSAT & TVRO; specification, installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and repair.
- IT Network troubleshooting skills; DHCP, TCP/IPv4 & v6, Sub-netting, routing, VLANS, etc.
- Strong Electrical and mechanical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and using email or telephone.
- Excellent written and verbal skills of the English language.
- Must be comfortable working alone and opening/closing FL facility.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Able to travel at short notice
- Physically able to lift/carry at least 50lbs and climb ladders, masts. Rigging, etc.
- Comfortable working in industrial environment.
- Good personal safety awareness and Hazard avoidance.
- Ability to use forklift (training would be provided).
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Great team player and positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to adapt to urgent situations and good at working under a timeline pressure.
- Good computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Google Docs.
- Easily adopts new technologies and working practices.
- Driving license.
Good to have/Non-Essential:
- Written and Verbal skills in Spanish, French or Korean.
- Forklift Training.
- Salesforce experience.
- SAP experience
Hours & Place of Work:
- The standard working week is 40 hours, with 1-hour lunch per day unpaid.
- Travel up to 75% domestic and overseas.
- FL office operational hours are 08:00-17:00 Eastern.
- Place of work: Intellian, 3172 North Andrews Avenue Ext, Pompano Beach, FL 33064, USA.
- Some flexibility may be required in respect to out of hours, weekend or holiday work.
How to Apply
Please send your resume with a cover letter