Meeting the Demands of Mission Critical Operations
Are you up to the challenge?
- Develop and maintain trusting and collaborative technical customer relationships so that the customer experiences Intelsat’s technical and operational excellence.
- Work with all levels of the customer organization to help the sales team identify the customer’s needs and technical and financial drivers.
- Perform communications system design and feasibility analysis to develop solutions that meet both the customer needs and Intelsat’s strategies.
- Support the sales team with customer needs assessments, proposal development and customer communications.
- Support satellite grooming initiatives by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management, sales, yield management, and operations to help achieve desired capacity optimizations at minimum costs to Intelsat and maximum benefit/minimum disruption to the customers.
- Support satellite transitions and role consolidation activities by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management, and sales to achieve smooth and effective transitions.
- Use the knowledge gained by working directly with customers to provide market intelligence to the Product Management and New Product Development teams, helping to guide product evolution and new product developments.
- Provide customer training on Intelsat products, customer tools, and Intelsat operations.
- Maintain current knowledge of satellite communications technology developments that enable the provision of more cost effective and efficient customer solutions
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a equivalent discipline
- At least 5 years of recent, relevant experience including at least one year of experience in satellite ground segment (satellite modem technologies) and related terrestrial equipment (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Effective command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform accurate link budget analysis.
- Experience with state-of-the art industry products for ground segment equipment and terrestrial networking infrastructure.
- Experience in vendor VSAT Corporate Networks products and knowledge of market trends for corporate and private networks.
- Ability to travel internationally to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to make optimal decisions while collaborating with diverse internal and external customers under tight timelines.
- Knowledge of the sales/buying processes and demonstrated ability to engage and develop trusting relationships with customers, at all levels, and internally with sales directors
The following additional knowledge, skills and abilities are considered a plus:
- Effective command of French language both in written and oral communications.
- CISCO networking certification.
- Experience that includes pre-sales experience and/or experience working with satellite networks.