At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Office in Amsterdam is a replica of Boeing Company in US, which includes different departments and functions. Boeing Finance Shared Service Center is one of the functions based in Amsterdam and supports EMEA region. The International Accountant role will be located in Amsterdam to contribute to and support the overall Finance and Accounting operations in the region.
A 12 months fixed term contract will be initially offered to the successful candidate, likely to be turned into permanent depending on candidate’s performance.
As a member of our diverse and inclusive team you will play an important role and your mission will be to perform statutory accounting and to work with multiple functions across the entire organization from around the world to ensure the correct reflection of the statutory accounting in our ERP system. You also will be responsible for completing the annual accounts, supporting audits, working on tax returns, process improvement projects and other financial tasks. You play a key role in driving a change and efficiency.
- Prepare, review and approve journal entries and GL accounts reconciliation
- Ensure the accuracy of accounting entries and account reconciliations for assigned entities
- Support month end, quarter and year end closing activities for assigned entities and timely review of reconciliation of all GL accounts
- Preparation of management accounts reports
- Variance analysis report out to leadership
- Support the tax declaration process (VAT, CIT, etc) as well as any statistical reporting requirements
- Prepare annual financial statements and lead external audits
- Participate as a subject matter expert in key business initiatives and activities to support business growth
- Be involved in improving the quality of processes and systems
- Drive initiatives in projects regarding continuous improvement and optimization. This also includes driving process optimization through automation and tasks. You play a key role in driving a change and efficiency.
Basic Qualifications (Required skills/Experiences):
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in international accounting environment
- Experienced in all aspects of financial accounting
- Strong written and oral communications in English. Another language is a plus
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office including MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel.
- 1+ years of ERP and accounting systems experience (Experience in following system is plus: Oracle, SAP, Blackline, etc is a plus)
- Effectively interpret and implements specific financial guidelines (Boeing Company Procedures, Policies, US GAAP, statutory, etc.).
Preferred Qualification(Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent is preferred
- Ability to work in independently in a complex, multi-market operations
- A committed team player
- Enjoy driving change and efficiency
- Well organized with ability to prioritize tasks
- Proactive, process driven, analytical approach to problem solving
- Self-motivated and ability to work unsupervised on own initiatives
- Ability to work in deadline dedicated environment
What do we offer:
Autonomy and flexibility. A dynamic, diverse and engaging environment where innovative ideas are welcomed and supported.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expenses.
Employer willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position, Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.