We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
Up to 6-month internship starting at earliest convenience
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the Corporate Development team (in Luxembourg) in a fast-paced, global organisation within an innovative and unique industry.
- Contribute to cross-functional development projects and pre-commercial opportunities
- Support improvement of team management tools
- Tailor market information to Corporate Development formats
- Analysis of market trends and competition in multiple business segments
- Analysis of institutional and governmental (satellite) communication applications being procured in EU
- Assisting in setting up documentation and responses to institutional and governmental programs
- Working on specific projects as directed by the allocated tutor or mentor;
- Support the scouting and execution of new business ideas
Experience / Qualifications
- Being an advanced student (MSc or final year BSc) in IT, Telecom, Economics, or Business Administration
- High interest in the media/telecommunication business and in satellite technology
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills
- Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines
- Computer literate (MS PowerPoint, Excel, ideally also Access and/or Microsoft PowerBI)
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset
- EU-25 nationality or work permit for Luxembourg
What’s in it for you?
- An exciting experience in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- The internship is remunerated. SES provides excellent sport facilities and a canteen on site.
- But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!