It’s a great time to be part of the SES team.
We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
It is a 6-month internship with a start date as soon as possible.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the global Strategy & Market Intelligence (SMI) team in a fast-paced, growing organization within the dynamic telecommunications and media industry. Based in Luxembourg, you will contribute to identifying and evaluating global market opportunities, tracking competitive information and analyzing major trends in the media and telecommunication business worldwide.
The exposure to a broad range of diverse activities will provide a comprehensive understanding of the Strategy & Market Intelligence department and SES’s various business verticals. This position supports as well various teams of the Strategy & Development department.
- Provide Market Intelligence support to the global SMI team
- Support visiualizing Market Intelligence analysis and improving related tools
- Gather intelligence on customers and competitors
- Research and report on selected market trends for the strategic plan update
- Perform Ad-hoc research and create presentations for internal stakeholders and management
- Diploma/degree in Business/Economics or in a relevant technical area
- Strong interest in the media/telecommunication business and technical interest in satellites
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills, experience with modeling and data visualization
- Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines
- Computer literate (MS Power-BI, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, online publishing software)
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Easiness to communicate at all levels
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset
- EU-nationality or valid work permit for Luxembourg
What’s in it for you?
- An exciting experience in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- The internship is remunerated. SES provides excellent sport facilities and a canteen on site.
- But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!