Space Applications Services is a company based in the Brussels area (BE) that provides products and services for the space sector in many areas from Avionics, Robotics, Human Exploration, Science and Earth Observation.
The Marketing, Sales, and Business development activities of the company are performed in Belgium. In order to ensure a close link between our Netherlands R&D office and the commercial activities of the company an intern is searched to be based in our R&D office in Noordwijk, the Netherlands potentially with visits to the Belgian office.
The internship position is as part of the International Commercial Experiment Service (ICE Cubes) Team to support the Sales Analysis and Business flight opportunities to the International Space Station (ISS).
The ICE Cubes Team promotes and sells flight opportunities to research organizations, industries, space agencies, academia and educational organizations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The intern will support the day-to-day activities of ICE Cubes Sales Analysis and Business Application Study, including:
- Supporting the definition and implementation of sales and business strategy
- Identifying high-potential markets for space flight opportunities
- Preparing and executing business campaigns
- Following up leads and supporting the conversion of leads into opportunities
- Analyzing the results of campaigns
- Participating in promotional events
- Using Customer Relationship Management software tool.
Main Relevant Qualifications and Experience
- Enrolment in the third year (or higher) of the following studies: Business Management/Engineering, Marketing or equivalent
- Knowledge of or first experience with:
- Business and Marketing analysis/strategy
- Market identification and analysis
- At ease with and interested in technical, scientific and space engineering aspects
The successful intern will have the following skills
- An innovative mindset and pro-active & flexible attitude
- Ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to write in a formal way and summarise information in English
What Do We Offer?
- A challenging scope of work of business space flight opportunities in an emerging market to Customers worldwide
- An experience in a growing company in the space industry, with Staff located in Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- Under certain conditions, a monthly lump sum allowance
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
To apply, please send your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English).