We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit.
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- As one of the first employees, you will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The main purpose of the internship is to define, adopt and implement a LOX cleaning procedure for all critical rocket components and build accordingly the necessary infrastructure. At the end of the internship the assessed cleaning process should be validate by means of test campaigns on rocket components prototypes.
More specifically, you will:
- Documentation of cleanliness requirements
- Compatibility assessment of different material and cleaning process
- Support for definition of cleaning procedures
- Planning and procurement of cleaning facilities inside the manufacturing hall
- Procurement of cleaning equipment
- Procurement of cleaning fluids and gases and assessment of waste disposal
- Definition and procurement of cleaning methods
- Installation and putting into service of facilities and equipment
- Planning and implementation of test campaign for the validation of the assessed cleaning process
- Support in the cleaning process of the Engine demonstrator and Upper stage demonstrator
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- Working towards BSc or Msc in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Hands-on experience with hydraulic systems is highly appreciated
- Basic knowledge about chemicals
- Highly organized and proactive with high attention to detail
- Ability to effectively collaborate on multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
- Driven and eager to learn
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go our of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English. German is highly preferred
- Previous knowledge of the risks associated with the use of LOX
Note: Due to high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.