We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit.
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- As one of the first employees, you will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The primary purpose of the role would be to support the assembly of the structures, machine composite parts and manufacture components. The Composite Technician would also help building up the required manufacturing capabilities and assist the procurement of machining and manufacturing technology for Isar Aerospace Technologies’ composite structures.
More specifically, you will:
- Assist composite manufacturing & machining technology procurement
- Support the manufacturing of assembly/bonding jigs
- Assembly of composite structures; including setup, bonding and fastener applications
- Machining of composite structures & assemblies
- Preparation of test specimens and application of strain gauges
- Communicate with suppliers and external partners
- Work cross functionally with related departments (e.g. Manufacturing Engineering, Testing, Structures Design)
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- Educational background as composite technician required
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing and/or repair of composite structures
- Hands-on experience with composite bonding and machining processes
- Experience with operating a wide variety of hand and power tools and shop tools
- Experience with composite manufacturing processes (prepreg layup, infusion technologies, etc.)
- Ability to follow manufacturing documents like production orders and ply books
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English. German is highly preferred
- Experience operating industrial scale composite production machines
- Experience with assembly and bonding jig design
Note: Due to high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.