We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit.
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- As one of the first employees, you will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The primary purpose of the role is to support Avionics integration in two main areas, Data Modelling & Configuration and Functional Development & Verification for Launch Vehicle Avionics.
Data Modelling and Configuration:
The design and development process of avionic systems relies on information and data of various types and from various sources from sensor data units and algorithm configurations to wire harness configuration. As this data is constantly updated and extended while the subsystem design evolves, consistency need to be guaranteed by a single, up-to date data pool
More specifically, you will:
- work on the design of this system data base as well as in the integration, processing and output of the information contained in the data base for different applications
- besides the work with the Functional Avionics/System engineer and software architect you will get a look into all subsystems of rocket and how they are integrated
Functional Development and Verification for Launch Vehicle Avionics:
The avionics design, development and verification process rely on integration of discipline level developments into avionics functional chains i.e. chains of Hardware, Software and Algorithms working to provide system functionality. Efficient Avionics development can be enabled by utilizing modern toolsets which allow model-based development, integration and tests at different levels of avionics development and verification.
In both these tasks, you will:
- develop the toolset utilized to integrate different components of functional avionics and their progressive testing
- work closely with the Functional Avionics/System engineer and will also get an insight to the rocket subsystems and how they are integrated by the avionics.
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science/Aerospace/Automation/Electrical Engineering
- Proficiency in Python and C
- Practical hands-on project experience is highly appreciated
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and consonantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English. German is highly preferred
- Exposure to Embedded systems
- Exposure to C++
- Exposure to UML and SysML concepts
Note: Due to high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.