EARTH'S NEXT FRONTIER
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- You will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The primary purpose of this role is to perform dynamic tests (shock and vibration) during the development, qualification and acceptance of components and subsystems for our Launch Vehicle. You will be the owner of the vibration test facilities and a reference for our development teams regarding dynamic tests. In addition to that, you will be in close contact with the avionics, fluids and mechanisms teams, being one of the first to operate their parts on simulated flight conditions and helping figure out the failure modes and improvements needed.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform Vibration, Shock, Centrifuge tests at internal and external facilities
- Develop new dynamic tests (e.g. impact, drop tests) when the necessity arises
- Plan, prepare, execute, process data and report result for those tests
- Participate with other teams to prepare test specifications and be their consultant for all questions related to tests
- Develop internal test standards and procedures
- Own the Vibration testing lab, operate and continuously improve the facility
- Provide necessary fixtures, from design to procurement and assembly
- Help with test specimen set-up of complex flight systems
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering or similar
- Experience in performing shock and vibration tests according to standards MIL-STD-810G/H, RTCA-DO-160G or equivalent
- Hands-on work experience with test equipment, including sensor selection and DAQ operation
- Experience in time & frequency domain data processing
- Experience with test documentation
- Basic Knowledge of fixture design for vibration & shock testing
- Experience in aerospace hardware qualification & acceptance testing
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English
- Experience in Space industry
- Knowledge of ECSS and SMCS environmental testing standards
- Essential knowledge of strength of materials and structural dynamics, ability to do hand-calculations when needed
- Experience in selection of appropriate means of vibration isolation
- Experience in using FEM tools, e.g., Altair HyperWorks, MSC Patran/Nastran
- You enjoy hands-on activities such as cutting, drilling metal, soldering electronics, operating power tools etc.