We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit.
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- As one of the first employees, you will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The main purpose would be to participate in the entire design cycle of the engine system and design structural components including conceptual and detailed design, thermo-fluid modelling and structural analysis. Optimize for low-cost production and take part in the planning and coordination of structure manufacturing and testing.
More specifically, you will:
- Take over the design of engine structures necessary for the engine integration
- Define and allocate the mechanical interfaces between engine subsystems
- Use ANSYS Mechanical to perform structural and thermal analyses (static, transient, modal) to develop a design concept and to iterate towards detailed design
- Integration of components on to rocket engine top assembly
- Develop 3-D models, assembly & detail drawings
- Coordination of manufacturing process and interface with vendor or in-house fabrication
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- Master’s degree or higher in an Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Strong background and demonstrated knowledge in solid mechanics, structural dynamics and thermal structural analysis
- Knowledge in the use of FEA analysis tools (ANSYS preferred)
- Ability to do hand calculations to design estimations and sanity-checks
- Strong practical experience with SolidWorks or similar CAD software
- Knowledge of fabrication and quality control relative to various manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of at least one programming/scripting language (Python/MATLAB/etc)
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go our of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English. German is highly preferred
- Experience in working with complex space systems (e.g. rocket engines, satellites, etc.)
Note: Due to high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.