We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit.
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- As one of the first employees, you will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The Propulsion Test Engineer will be part of a team that is performing development and verification tests on liquid rocket engines and their subsystems on a dedicated test bench and in close communication with the developing engineers. In addition, the person takes care of test preparation and maintenance on the test bench. As the test bench is not yet operative, he/she will work on design tasks, the definition of safe operational procedures and the coordination of the build-up process together with the team. In the mid-term future, involvement in the development of further test stands and launch pads is likely.
More specifically, you will:
- Help designing and building a test bench for liquid rocket engine development testing
- Implement test schedules on the test bench in coordination with the development engineers
- Conduct test campaigns together with propulsion development engineers
- Own certain safety topics like safety procedures, policies and contingency plans
- Ensure safe operations by monitoring compliance to safety protocols and possible deviations
- Take care of test preparations and maintenance of the test bench
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- In-depth knowledge about rocket propulsion systems
- Experience in working with cryogenics
- Experience with highly flammable substances and/or oxygen
- Experience with high pressure systems
- Knowledge about risk analysis (e.g. FMECA)
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English. German is highly preferred
Note: Due to high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.